Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Nighthawk flies high

Turbojet

Very Nice Hoss - I traded my electrics for a 1940s Gibson with a DeArmond 210 pickup and National Duolian years ago to go back and play the kinda bluz that first hooked me back in the early 1960s. Listening to you though kinda got my juices flowing and I might just have to head down to the local purveyor of musical goodies and see what he has in.

Based on the folks I know who are Nighthawk fans (at least the Gibson variety) - it is not that the guitar is underrated but rather a bit overpriced. I will say that used ones, when they hit the local shops, fly out of the door.

Nice... but I think that's a Gibby, NOT an Epi. Fret markers are wrong for an Epi and pu's are different.

It is, actually, Korean-made 1995 Epiphone Nighthawk ST3, just NOT the reissue.

The most obvious difference, other than the inlays, is a dedicated coil tap switch (no push-pull pot)

I'm looking forward to trying the reissue, as lot of people seem to like it.

Cheers,

George

One of my local dealers has these latest Nighthawks (just as shown in the pic I posed above) marked as "limited edition" on the sales tag, but the Epi web site shows it as a regular production model. Are these a short run maybe?

One of my local dealers has these latest Nighthawks (just as shown in the pic I posed above) marked as "limited edition" on the sales tag, but the Epi web site shows it as a regular production model. Are these a short run maybe?

Might be a sales ploy. The store where I Shop has a few hangin and none, including the one I picked up, say limited edition.

Might be a sales ploy. The store where I Shop has a few hangin and none, including the one I picked up, say limited edition.

Wouldn't be the first time, probably not the last either. They also said the Gloss LP Jr.s were limited too and as far as I found they aren't either.

Well, "LIMITED" probably only refers to the salesman's honesty or knowledge... :)

Well, "LIMITED" probably only refers to the salesman's honesty or knowledge... :)

Yes........Epi Limited Edition also refers to a limited number of years a model will be made...ie; 2008 - 2012......

Archived