Gibson Brands Forums

Check Out Some Demos!!!

Hey everyone, my three piece acoustic group recently recorded three songs as demos, and I thought I would share them here to get your honest opinions! They're all original pieces, and while the recording quality isn't the best, I think you'll be able to get a good idea of what the songs should sound like. :)

Be honest in your feedback, if there's anything you don't like....Let me know!!! :)

Thanks for your time!

It's ok, singing and timing is a bit of an issue, keep working at it and find a better singer. Just my thought's.

LOL i listened to the songs in full when they were 1st posted,but from my taste in music,if i was gonna offer advice on these songs,it was gonna take alot longer than just tellin someone to go practice more or go make your bed,so after hearing them in full again,here goes..................all the above notes are very accurate and too add.........1st song too monotone,kept waiting for a bridge,maybe consider scrappin the tamborine every now and again change it up,example,the hand clap from the song/movie "that thing you do" would fit perfectly on that song,and or try using the guitar thumb thumpin thing like on extremes "more than words".Both times i heard all 3 songs,i kept tryin to remember which comedy skit had someone snatchin the tamborine from someone and stompin it into pcs,no offense,just wears on me after the 1st 3 minutes. 2nd song, this song was less monotone,again w/ the tamborine...the song comes across to me w/ a flair of "greenday" which is not a bad thing,chorus too rushed,words too jammed 2gether, 3rd and my fav of the three.....i really like the intro backin riff on the 2nd guitar,all of your songs need more of this !!! your music/singing as a whole sounds like a mixture of "Cake and Duncan Shiek" which is a very good thing imo,again w/ the tamborine..have you ever thought of maybe trying a snare drum with brushes maybe?just an idea...again,kept waitin for a bridge...heres somethin to look at too i realized towards the end of the last song...look at the page all 3 songs are on <the squigly lines> that stretch across the song....on all 3 songs,theres not alot of variances throughout them,meaning to me,the songs are screamin for bridges,changeups,turnarounds, so in closing try having the tamborine player thump a simple beat with a thumb on one of the guitars to change up the rythym section,since imo your voice resembles the singer from Cake and Duncan Shiek,pull up some of thier music and listen to thier bridges,turnarounds and how the melodies do or do not follow,not to steal thier licks,but to get ideas on adding bridges/more melodic vocal parts and such staying within that vocal range... and by all means the more riffs like the intro of Fire,the better...that makes the song stick out more to me than just someone strumming,not that theres anything wrong w/ the playing,its just hard to stand out w/ original stuff due to the vast mass' of others songwriting/playing,now,i must get to my sewing machine for im not making any $$ sitting in this chair....p.s. if you have a good sense of humor,next time you guys get together,go outside w/ your guitars and find a safe spot and set that tamborine on fire and while u roast marshmellows or hotdogs,think of a new song as you watch is smolder,if you dont have a sense of humor,ignore the p.s. ..............and speaking of smoldering,if you had 2 friends over and one had smoke rising from his head and the other had flames 2 ft tall coming from his head,you'd rush over and help the guy w/ flames,that is why i posted to "someone elses thread" before yours....your stuff just needs some tweaking and not a fire extinguisher [thumbup]

Thank you for taking the time for such a detailed response! :)

I will keep your suggestions in mind! The snare drum with brushes is definitely a possibility, we'll experiment with some different percussion on our future recordings.

Archived