Gibson Brands Forums

ANOTHER EXCELLENTE MOOSE!!!

Here is another Excellente Moose, it`s on Ebay US, and has a nicely done replacement pickguard, although the original corroded one is in the case!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Epiphone-Excellente-FT-210-Rare-HOLY-GRAIL-Vintage-Gibson-made-NO-RESERVE-/200729995077?pt=Guitar&hash=item2ebc70a745

Best of luck if you decide to go for it.

Steve.

Hey Frenchie - a question if you don't mind. Did Epi necks follow the Gibson profiles in the 1960s - so say the '67 Epi would have the same neck profile and 1 9/16" nut you found on '67 Gibsons.

Pretty much so Zomby, although as with all these things there are exceptions. As a rule though, the earlier in the 60s the wider the top nut. My 62 Texan is 1 11/16".

Steve.

Pretty much so Zomby, although as with all these things there are exceptions. As a rule though, the earlier in the 60s the wider the top nut. My 62 Texan is 1 11/16".

Steve.

Many thanks for the info. I know that Gibson started the decade with the 1 11/16" nut but went to the narrower nut (as well as a 14 degree headstock pitch) in 1965 which I gather had something to do with new automatic neck machines they installed that year.

Here is another Excellente Moose, it`s on Ebay US, and has a nicely done replacement pickguard, although the original corroded one is in the case!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Epiphone-Excellente-FT-210-Rare-HOLY-GRAIL-Vintage-Gibson-made-NO-RESERVE-/200729995077?pt=Guitar&hash=item2ebc70a745

Steve.

HI Steve:

You are my "MAIN' man for spotting available Excellentes-thanks so much for this one and the other heads up from you.

This offering is the "GEM" that they had on EBay a while back for $14,950. When it didn't sell there they next put it on the Heritage Auction BUY IT NOW for the same price. When it didn't sell there, here it is again for the next goround. Interesting line somewhere in the posting about a consideration of a four figure offer which they make sound as a doubtful teaser.

As the old saying goes "NOT TONIGHT JOSAPHINE, JUST CALL THE BUTLER"

Regards,

Moose

P>S> With your sharp eyes-is that an artful scratch across the entire middle of the back or just a reflection?

Steve.

HI Steve:

Any further news about the EBay "close out" Excellente that the seller bought at the Kalamazoo plant closing?

Regards,

Moose

Archived