Gibson Brands Forums

SHOCK HORROR !!!!!!

Del Nilppeznaf

There have been reports of mass hysteria and panic among guitar players as some come to the realization.

gibsonacousticunderconstruction.jpg

Guitars are made out of MANY pieces of wood GLUED together!

This news although well known by some has led to boycotts of brands, demonstrations and even a report of a failed suicide when one man attempted to throw himself in a river to find it was only 1 foot deep.

Players heard a rumor that this is indeed how their treasured instruments where actually made and some decided to check on the well known internet site Wikipedia to see if this could infact be true. Here they found such bombshells as

"The Hummingbird model was introduced in 1960 with a solid Sitka Spruce top and solid Mahogany back. The sides are Mahogany but not all of them are solid, many are laminated."

" 3-ply maple bridge plates"

and

" The necks are made by laminated 3 piece mahogany."

This was the final straw for some, and many have vowed never to touch a guitar again.

Although seasoned players, some may say jaded old dogs, have tried calm the situation... it looks like this outbreak could continue for quite a while yet.

From the front line.

Del Nilp

([tongue] not meant at a dig at anyone.. just giving some light humor [biggrin])

is Brazilian glue better than east Indian glue ? [lol]

Far superior. The Brazilian insect intestines used in the mixture offer a far better adhesion than East Indian insect. I undertand this to be the case mainly because of their diet. Whereas the East Indian insect's menu is far more susceptible to the runs and in turn offers less adhesion...

Shock and horror has pushed me to synthetics -

DV020_Jpg_Jumbo_581064.010_natural.jpg

Nice. I love the smell of fresh carbon fiber when you open the guitar case....... beats nitro and mahogany any day (not).

In my business, we refer to wood as "young carbon fiber".

Actuall, in all honesty, those RainSong guitars are not bad at all. They actually sound really good, and you dont have to worry about weather changes at all with them. Just saying.

Carbon fiber makes for great travel guitars. John Thomas (JT), Mr. Banner Gibson, has a Composite Acoustics carbon fiber Cargo model for traveling. I'm looking for one myself.

Archived