Gibson Brands Forums

We Need Two Gibson Lounges

Rich W

It's time for Gibson.com to create two separate "Lounge" boards

One for any type of guitar, amp, and gear-related threads

And another one for threads like "what was your first car?", "what kind of cigarettes do you smoke?", "what's your favorite color?"

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's time for Gibson.com to create two separate "Lounge" boards

One for any type of guitar, amp, and gear-related threads

And another one for threads like "what was your first car?", "what kind of cigarettes do you smoke?", "what's your favorite color?"

not-this-again.jpg?w=510[flapper]

Dudes...seriously? You can't just not click on the threads you don't like? Someone has to create a new section just for you?

The issue, from my perspective, is that having a lot of "noise" threads about coyotes and favorite cigarettes can quickly bump music-related threads down the top couple of pages and bury them.

Yes, I could leave, as suggested by Mr. Dem00n.

But perhaps I'm not the only one who is tired of sifting through the non-music threads ... maybe a lot of people would prefer to see those types of threads on another board.

Maybe you need a lounge entitled "No Personal **** Here" or you could apply to be a mod and just ban everyone for sharin a thought or opinion on something other than a guitar? How dare the members talk about what they're drinkin tonight or tornadoes rippin peoples houses off the foundation,or god forbid a coyote lol.It's real life stuff man,people talking...sharing words on nonmusical topics,its as simple as this,if ya dont like threads on CB radios,dont open threads on CB radios.If i personally have made you go back a page to read something,i apologize for the wasted space of pixels you had to move your mouse over to get to the holy grail of info you were looking for.I do believe we need another lounge,one for people that dont mind having normal conversations involving life,music,interests,thoughts,current events,fav songs,overrated guitarists and just talk in general,and another one for you. Btw,what is your favorite color? [flapper]

The issue, from my perspective, is that having a lot of "noise" threads about coyotes and favorite cigarettes can quickly bump music-related threads down the top couple of pages and bury them.

But perhaps I'm not the only one who is tired of sifting through the non-music threads ... maybe a lot of people would prefer to see those types of threads on another board.

With only a 154 posts, this thread you created is a bold venture. Dude you're new to the neighborhood, if you don't like it here, move on. It's not like you have a mortgage or lease here.

Now lets get back to discussing the price of contraceptives in Bora Bora.

In all fairness though you didn't expect to open up a thread about the worlds largest coyote and read about modes and theory?

RICH:

Go to the upper left of the page, under the GIBSON logo. Click on "forums".

A page will open up. You can go to "Gibson family of brands" and click on any of those, or go to "All things gear and guitar" and click on any of those. You might be surprised at the number of options and sub-forums, and you can bring up any of those and only look at what you want.

There is no requirement to view the lounge to participate in any of these.

Archived