Gibson Brands Forums

We Need Two Gibson Lounges

Rich W

As much as it can be fun, the "lounge" has a lot to answer for in the downfall of good times here on the forum!!

How so, Simon. I've been away for a bit and must have missed some of what you're referencing. Or is it something we don't talk about here?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, Fellow Babies,

Maybe we should go back and revisit some of those serious argu..., uh, discussions about tone. Some might find that find that heavy going, but those were serious, chrome-plated and custom-made exchanges of ideas --- very scientificy.

I was gonna tell everyone how my own musical ear was so well developed that I could hear the difference whether the guitar luthier was drinking Coors or Budwizer at lunch. I thought I was pretty hot, but by reading the thread, I was humbled -- turns out my hearing ain't nuthin'... There's guys here can tell whether the luthier votes Republican or Democrat.

And if that ain't enough guitar stuff for Rich W, sometimes we talk technical stuff about motorcycles... ??? Don't tell me you don't see the connection... I mean, there's all kinds of stuff a shredder likes that bikes and guitars have in common... wild colors, chrome, technical levers and buttons, did I mention chrome? Guitars and motorcycles are both good excuses to wear black leather so you can show your attitude... and if you need to understand what I mean, attitude, get a lode of YouTube, Link Ray 78. And motorcycles are loud. Hey, love, sex, and rock 'n roll. We've got it all.

Oh wait, I almost forgot... there was also some discussion about bananas and electricity. Man, we have pages of tech stuff that the Fender forums only wish they could cover... I mean, is it possible to be more technical than this?

Sometimes I like to just kick back and talk about my dog... and ya know what? I just makes me glad to know I'm not the only one here that is just nuts about dogs.

I think the op is just trolling, damm i hate that :)

Steve, wasn't RichW a member back in '08 - '09 or so? I disremember. Anyway, I don't think he was trolling; it's an old issue that dates back to before my time, and before the time of the lounge. More tech talk, less foot rubbing. I can understand his point. But I think admin's position was explained quite some time ago. We're not gonna get it sliced up any finer than it now is.

Steve, wasn't RichW a member back in '08 - '09 or so? I disremember. Anyway, I don't think he was trolling; it's an old issue that dates back to before my time, and before the time of the lounge. More tech talk, less foot rubbing. I can understand his point. But I think admin's position was explained quite some time ago. We're not gonna get it sliced up any finer than it now is.

I believe you may be thinking of RichCI. The man knows his stuff.

The issue, from my perspective, is that having a lot of "noise" threads about coyotes and favorite cigarettes can quickly bump music-related threads down the top couple of pages and bury them.

Yes, I could leave, as suggested by Mr. Dem00n.

But perhaps I'm not the only one who is tired of sifting through the non-music threads ... maybe a lot of people would prefer to see those types of threads on another board.

I agree with the others if you don't want to read it don't click on it.

That is what the lounge is for, OFF TOPIC NON GIBSON POSTS.

I am also totally on board with dem00n here,

Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

Guest farnsbarns

The mods move anything about a specific model out of the lounge as it shouldn't be in here, there are other areas for that. Maybe you mean we should have no lounge.

The issue, from my perspective, is that having a lot of "noise" threads about coyotes and favorite cigarettes can quickly bump music-related threads down the top couple of pages and bury them.

But perhaps I'm not the only one who is tired of sifting through the non-music threads ... maybe a lot of people would prefer to see those types of threads on another board.

How about reading the title of the The Gibson Lounge: The Gibson Lounge - General discussion area, members must have 10 posts before posting here.

That's fairly plain - . . General discussion (read topics). . On a couple of occasions in the past, some who think as you do left the Gibson Forum to start their own new forum with the kind of limits you're talking about. They even tried to recruit members from here. Guess what - the posts were coming in like one at a time - sometimes days between posts. Their nice little forums with their limiting rules sucked. Most of those guys came back to the Gibson Forum. Live and learn - you've got some to do. . <_<

Come to think of it, maybe a second lounge would add fun.

Like, as RTH suggest with the 'area' 51 comment. Perhaps a lounge for banned members, but only for 18 (or 21) and over, have to sign in stating such. A place where people are free to make any questionable and 'inappropriate' comments they want. A place for the REAL BS that infects the normal forums that gets some folks banned.

THEN, maybe take it another step, like a lounge for those that are true jerks. Total unmoderated anarchy. A place for A-holes and SPAM.

Come to think of it, maybe a second lounge would add fun.

Like, as RTH suggest with the 'area' 51 comment. Perhaps a lounge for banned members, but only for 18 (or 21) and over, have to sign in stating such. A place where people are free to make any questionable and 'inappropriate' comments they want. A place for the REAL BS that infects the normal forums that gets some folks banned.

THEN, maybe take it another step, like a lounge for those that are true jerks. Total unmoderated anarchy. A place for A-holes and SPAM.

Haha yeah that would be amusing a Troll Lounge where all they do is b**ch at each other claiming that they are the best and only their opinions count... that would be fun to read :P

For a thread about off topic threads its sure got long.. :)

What's your pets name?

what's your favorite guitar?

What was your first car?

How did you invent your forum name?

What Cigarette do you smoke?

What do you like on your pizza?

What's your favorite band?

Who was the best guitar player of all time?

What's the most money you have spent on a guitar?

What's the least you have ever spent on a guitar?

Does Bucket head really eat Kentucky Fried Chicken?

How many guitar players does it take to strike a chord?

Are blue guitars really evil?

These are just some of the questions that will be used later to help obtain your identity theft... [scared]

BTW, do you use Visa or Mastercard?

To the OP...What, specifically, do you want, that isn't already covered,

in the many "tech oriented," and guitar related forums, that are part of

this Gibson/Epiphone (and the other Gibson owned brands) forum???!

If you have specific questions, of a technical, or "how to" nature, start

a thread, to that effect. There are loads of knowledgeable people here,

that can help, or point you in the right direction, at least.

All the "silly," or "off topics," are just the natural part/result, of a

lounge format.

CB

I just went on all the other sub forums gibson has that are directly related to skills or reviews etc and found that threads from 3 or 4 months ago are still on the main message board. That shows that hardly anyone goes there. If people want to discuss that sort of stuff more then use those forums aswell and then the info on them will actually be more up to date and more people will bother to look at them. Most people have moved to the lounge because it has a mix of threads, it's this variety that keeps a majority of the gibson brotherhood on this particular forum.To the OP, if you go on the profiles of some of the more longer term members of this forum you can see where they spend a majority of their time by the amount of posts in their most visited forum. There is a reason most spend their time on here. rant over

I answered your questions. How can ppl steal something by just a question?

I actually don't use security questions I use passwords that only I know

but in some cases you might get around passwords by using the security questions

"stein" hit the nail on the head with his comment.

Holy Crap! I really hit a sore spot with some people by suggesting this.

I don’t really care what you boys want to talk about besides music.

I mentioned the idea, thinking it might make things more efficient ... but if the status quo is working well for everyone, then that’s fine too.

Archived