Gibson Brands Forums

THE LES PAUL STANDARD 2012

Gary Moore Tribute

In the

I saw , they explained it as a new way of chambering. It was described as looking like "spokes" and they said it adds back some of the weight and the instrument is better balanced than with previous chambering.

Well that would be cool 'cause the only bad thing about my chambered 2009 Standard is that a lot of the weight is on the neck. Other than that, it's an amazing instrument.

I have owned several Gibson's, and ironically, the only one that had tuning issues was the explorer. My Les Paul just will not go out of tune.

depends on the manufacturer of the tuners they can vary year to year model to model

• 6 months later...

Hi Blues

I bought the standard premium plus AAA in desert burst yesterday.. its stunning I would love to post some pix on the site but keep getting message ' file too big'... any advice , do I have to go through photo bucket or something? The guitar is drop dead gorgeous it plays beautifully from out of the box, it will take me a while to get used to the different sounds and pull knobs etc but there`s no rush I will enjoy discovering its charecter and its nice to have more options

Regards

Bobz1b

Hi Blues

I bought the standard premium plus AAA in desert burst yesterday.. its stunning I would love to post some pix on the site but keep getting message ' file too big'... any advice , do I have to go through photo bucket or something? The guitar is drop dead gorgeous it plays beautifully from out of the box, it will take me a while to get used to the different sounds and pull knobs etc but there`s no rush I will enjoy discovering its charecter and its nice to have more options

Regards

Bobz1b

Yeah you only get 500k to post through Gibson.. Best bet is to use http://photobucket.com.. Its free and quick to join.. Just copy the IMG link it gives you and use that in your post. You can ppost up to 5 at a time per post.

[thumbup]

Archived