Gibson Brands Forums

Interesting-------The Stones

MissouriPicker

Yeah, looks to be that same 1959 mono ES-355 he has been playing for a long time now.

Clapton's '64 ES 335 sold for $800,000 to benefit his Crossroads charity. I'm betting Keef's ES 355 could beat that out, whether sold for charity or on the open market.

Clapton's '64 ES 335 sold for $800,000 to benefit his Crossroads charity. I'm betting Keef's ES 355 could beat that out, whether sold for charity or on the open market.

I am guessing if Micawber ever hits the open market it will fetch some scary money.

Don't know about that. Keef's is not as iconic and was not used to record seminal works of rock and roll.

If given the choice, however, of owning two identical guitars of identical importance - one from Clapton and one from Keef - I would choose the Keef guitar in a heartbeat!

Keef has pegged next year as #50 for the Stones.

Recently read they are gearing up to tour next year, and that Bill Wyman may actually join them for the tour!!! Also, they may record some new material this year. We'll see...

P.S. - Thanks, MP, for posting the video. I can't watch it right now at work, but look forward to watching it later tonight.

If given the choice, however, of owning two identical guitars of identical importance - one from Clapton and one from Keef - I would choose the Keef guitar in a heartbeat!

My point, exactly. Clapton may be God, but Keef is Keef.

Keith bought a White Gibson ES model either a 355 or 345 from Buzz at Lark St a couple years ago. There may be still pics of it on their website. So he's got them in a few colors now, there's also pics of he original owner with the guitar.

Stones live with Bill behind the bass ?!?, , , , have to see the poster before I believe it – if Yes, I'll be there like a cat. Probably will anyway. . . .

Last time I heard Keith sing was in 2006 – He did You Got The Silver and it was the most convincing, thrilling performance I've eve seen from him.

Just thought you and not least GotTheSilver should know -

.............................This image captures something essential from back when they'd just made it -

....................Mid60sRollingStones.jpg

Stones live with Bill behind the bass ?!?, , , , have to see the poster before I believe it – if Yes, I'll be there like a cat. Probably will anyway. . . .

Last time I heard Keith sing was in 2006 – He did You Got The Silver and it was the most convincing, thrilling performance I've eve seen from him.

Just thought you and not least GotTheSilver should know -

.............................This image captures something essential from back when they'd just made it -

....................Mid60sRollingStones.jpg

Oh, man, were we (they) ever that young?

Archived