Gibson Brands Forums

Pulled the plug today!

jmb5150

Hey all, just wanted to share with you all that I bought a Gibby Studio Fireburst this morning from zounds.com I took advantage of their 12 payment plan with no interest. I even got them to give me a ten percent discount and they beat guitar center's price. Bottom line is I got it for $1,159 with free shipping and no tax! Now begins the waiting game as it will take 3-5 days to get here!

I like it. Some don't like the 490/498 pickups, but I think they sound fine.

Here's a pic of mine.

IM000714.jpg

I love that style of burst finish! A nice dark color on the outside to contrast a beautiful golden brown on the inside.

Darn that is just sweet! [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Well here she is. The wait is over and I got her in last night from FEDEX. Let me know what you think.

What do I think? I think you're going to like the heck out of it! It's just as pretty and sweet as can be. Congratulations!!!! [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Hey guys, does the fret board look lite to you guys for rosewood. The specs on the gibson website say that it is rosewood, it just looks a little lite to me!

Hello Jmb5150! That's definitely not rosewood. On Your photo it seems to me even lighter than the baked maple! The site says it's granadillo. http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Studio/Specs.aspx Hm... :-k

Thanks Bence, I did a little research and found that out too. Guess they did not update their site. I am pleased with the board so far. I had a baked maple tribute studio and sent it back for this one. Sounds more smooth to me???

That's what only matters. If it feels right for You, then it makes no difference how the wood is called. I like the baked maple on my Classic for instance. It's a bit lighter than the ebony on a "regular" Custom, but just as good (for me). Not to mention it came for the half of the price of a "big" Custom. :) Congratulations! Enjoy Your beautyful guitar! Cheers... Bence

Too many times do we get caught up in the technical aspects of everything and we forget what it means to feel it out. If it sounds and feels good then what more is there!!!

Overall I am happy with my studio thus far. It feels good and can't wait to gig with her.....now to name her?????

Hello Jmb5150! Naming a guitar is a good game. When I got them, I looked up the calendar of names to find out what names are celebrated on the days when the instruments got stamped. I simply didn't wanted them to have any kind of emotional relation to women I knew. That's how my 50s Tribute GT became "Athene" (2nd of Nov.) and my Classic Custom "Simona" (12th of Dec.). Later I realized that 12th of December is Dickey Betts' birthday, and 2nd of November is the nameday of "Warren" (Haynes) according to american calendar of names. Good pairing! Anyways, I don't want to call them with male names. :D Cheers... Bence

Archived