Gibson Brands Forums

epiphone j200ce help!

jgarris2095

I contacted epiphone a couple weeks ago about string buzz in my j200 and they told me to take it and get it looked at. I took it to my local dealer and he did a set up and also had to shim the bridge to get the buzz out. he was going to do some fret work but was unsure about doing it because he noticed the upper frets had already been filed down. I bought this guitar brand new, still in the original packaging and have been buying epiphones for years. this is the first time i have run into an issue like this from them and to be honest it upsets me seeing that this has been done to my guitar. what should i do?

Have your Epi dealer contact the Epi warranty rep to remedy the problem if the dealer's tech is unable to. Gibson/Epiphone service is among the best I ever had to deal with and they will do what it takes to make it right for you in my own experience. Back in 2002 they replaced my Epiphone that had a stripped neck rod with no hassle whatsoever and my dealer handled the entire thing for me.

Archived