Gibson Brands Forums

Fingerstyle guitarists

BobB

Well, there's 1352 guitar pickers in Nashville,

And they can pick more notes than the number of ants on a Tennessee anthill;

Yeah, there's 1352 guitar cases in Nashville,

And anyone who unpacks his guitar can play twice as better than I will.....

Well, there's 1352 guitar pickers in Nashville,

And they can pick more notes than the number of ants on a Tennessee anthill;

Yeah, there's 1352 guitar cases in Nashville,

And anyone who unpacks his guitar can play twice as better than I will.....

Ah, those Nashville Cats. Funny, that his Bobness cut his most tripped out record ... in Nashville.

Tim Sparks really blows me away. Check out the different sorts of things he does, esp the potato head blues in next post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4dXTzNTyLY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53d3HkzYTy8

What kind of picks or artificial nails is he using in the lower video? They are white and look like some kind of paste-on...anyone know what these are?

Well I grew up on the back catalogue of Paul Simon, but we all know that Carthy and Jansch were important influences there. Still the Boxer is his own work and rather special. Skip James on the blues front, especially when it comes to driving, rhythmic right-hand activity. Robbie Krieger deserves a mention, despite (because of?) the fact that he used an electric - impressive to pull off the intro to Spanish Caravan on something with so skinny a neck as his SG. Only recently noticed that Dylan has/had some chops as a fingerstylist - Girl from the North Country is also good, and borrows less from Carthy than Simon did. Chet Atkins of course. Marcel Dadi. A guy called Paul Pigat for rockabilly.

Archived