Gibson Brands Forums

Yamaha THR-10. Has anyone tried one of these yet?

Kelvinator

Yes, I tried one. I waited three months for them to arrive here in the U.K (there was a problem with the original power supplies. When my local shop finally got some in, I took my Les Paul and gave it a try, it was awful, even my wife, who has no interest in guitars said that it sounded like a "tinny little box". I was hugely disappointed, needless to say I didn’t buy it, I got a Fender Blues Junior instead.

Regards,

Ian.

Yes, I tried one. I waited three months for them to arrive here in the U.K (there was a problem with the original power supplies. When my local shop finally got some in, I took my Les Paul and gave it a try, it was awful, even my wife, who has no interest in guitars said that it sounded like a "tinny little box". I was hugely disappointed, needless to say I didn't buy it, I got a Fender Blues Junior instead.

Regards,

Ian.

Thanks Ian... That's good to know. Because of very impressive demo videos, I bought a TC Electronic bass head from an on-line store. That was a mistake, and it went back the next day! [crying] You saved me from making another online blunder. [biggrin]

BTW: The Blues Junior is a fantastic amp; amazing sound in a small package.

Archived