Gibson Brands Forums

Man Of Constant Sorrow

saturn

This is the more charming version that I learned as a kid. It was mentioned that this recording was done in '69, but the version I remember from Peter, Paul, and Mary was more like '64.

Interesting contrast from the OP. Don't know which version I like better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiXCD44t7bQ&list=PL7F498D1CC6F9C1BA&index=5&feature=plpp_video

The Charm City Devils

I have an autographed drumstick from their singer, when he was the drummer for the band Child's Play. It's addressed to my mom, but my dad stole it when they got divorced (along with her Metallica stick, and Pantera picks) But I found it in his basement and he let me take it home that summer.

Yeah, that is quite a contrast. O:)

The version I posted is getting a lot of local airplay because they're from the Baltimore area. (Charm City [rolleyes]). I thought it sounded as good or better as any other of the new rock coming out these days.

I like the movie and really dig the song being in the movie,especially when they get onstage with their beards,seriously funny.I listened to all 3 versions,PP&Mary,Charm city devils and the Soggy Mountain bottom boys (Thanks to everyone who posted them) and I like the SMBboys best.Does anyone know who did the vocals I wouldn't think it was George Cloney.

I like the movie and really dig the song being in the movie,especially when they get onstage with their beards,seriously funny.I listened to all 3 versions,PP&Mary,Charm city devils and the Soggy Mountain bottom boys (Thanks to everyone who posted them) and I like the SMBboys best.Does anyone know who did the vocals I wouldn't think it was George Cloney.

Dan Tyminski, Harley Allen and Pat Enright

I have an autographed drumstick from their singer, when he was the drummer for the band Child's Play. It's addressed to my mom, but my dad stole it when they got divorced (along with her Metallica stick, and Pantera picks) But I found it in his basement and he let me take it home that summer.

Oh man! I'm sorry Buxom, but that was wrong!

That must have been some time ago. Childs Play was around in the 80s and 90s but I haven't heard from them or their original singer Brian Jack in years. :-k

Archived