Gibson Brands Forums

The return of the prodigal Firebird!

Fudloe

I just had to share this with y'all.

About eight years ago, I had my wonderful '65 non-reverse Firebird (three P-90''s) stolen by a former landlord in a rent dispute. I could never prove they had stolen it, and it never resurfaced, so I assumed it was gone forever.

Then, out of the blue, I ran into his ex. She HAD it! She stole it from HIM because he owed HER money! So, a little wrangling, haggling, hollering and finally, relenting and I bought her back (at a steal!). So she sits in front of me, as thankful as I am to be reunited. If I ever put her down again, I might get something to eat!

So there ya go, wished DO get granted!

-Fud

I just had to share this with y'all.

About eight years ago, I had my wonderful '65 non-reverse Firebird (three P-90''s) stolen by a former landlord in a rent dispute. I could never prove they had stolen it, and it never resurfaced, so I assumed it was gone forever.

Then, out of the blue, I ran into his ex. She HAD it! She stole it from HIM because he owed HER money! So, a little wrangling, haggling, hollering and finally, relenting and I bought her back (at a steal!). So she sits in front of me, as thankful as I am to be reunited. If I ever put her down again, I might get something to eat!

So there ya go, wished DO get granted!

-Fud

brilliant!

th_FIREBIRDUgh.jpg?t=1333085548th_Reunion.jpgth_MyFbird.jpg

Took a while to get any pics, because I can't put her down! Here you go,ain't she wonderful?

Took the Maestro trem assembly off (it's okay, it's designed to do that!) and ran wrap around. Also, I replaced the old compensated bridge (which someone has slotted, like a nut) with a badass tune-O-matic wrap around. Still have the old one- had it the whole time this old girl was M.I.A..

Never did have the trem arm, so I ordered one the day she came home. I may never actually use it, but I'll have it, you know?

Anyway, it sure is grand to be playing her again.

-Fud

PS- anybody know how to get post bigger pics?

th_FIREBIRDUgh.jpg?t=1333085548th_Reunion.jpgth_MyFbird.jpg

Took a while to get any pics, because I can't put her down! Here you go,ain't she wonderful?

Took the Maestro trem assembly off (it's okay, it's designed to do that!) and ran wrap around. Also, I replaced the old compensated bridge (which someone has slotted, like a nut) with a badass tune-O-matic wrap around. Still have the old one- had it the whole time this old girl was M.I.A..

Never did have the trem arm, so I ordered one the day she came home. I may never actually use it, but I'll have it, you know?

Anyway, it sure is grand to be playing her again.

-Fud

PS- anybody know how to get post bigger pics?

Yes, use "Photobucket"...........And, uber congrats...........[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ............

Cool colour,is that a Pelham Blue faded to green or was she originally green?I can just imagine how absolutely horrible that you must've felt because when I had a cheap little Raven parlour size guitar stolen I felt terrible and I had only paid about $70 for that in the mid 70s.So the pain you must have felt probably needed medication.

Archived