Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Store at Oprymills

GySgtFTL

My wife loves that mall so I spent many a day in there looking at the latest models while she shopped for shoes. Some friends asked me to take pictures of it and show them how it was that I was able to test out the new Gibsons before they had turned up in most stores. Here's are some of the pictures I took that day.

3-6-092.jpg

3-6-095.jpg

3-6-099.jpg

3-6-0944.jpg

My wife loves that mall so I spent many a day in there looking at the latest models while she shopped for shoes.

Same here, my wife and best friend used to go there about every month and I would tag along, it was always fun although the last few months they had a lot less inventory.

pity I rather enjoyed my visit a few years back in 2004 the factory was amazing too.

any reason why it closed ? (please excuse my ignorance i'm on the other side of the pond)

Yes, a freak 100-year flood hit Nashville in May 2010, both the Gibson USA plant and the Mall where the showcase was were under at least 3 feet of water.

Was it 8 feet? dang, I actually have not been back to that Mall.

I noticed the inventory reduction and speculated that it looked like they would close, even mentioned it in here but I was not sure of that, once the flood happened I was sure it would not come back.

Yeah it's a shame I never bought guitars in there because they were always way overpriced but it was always fun to look and a fun place to get t-shirts and extra parts sometimes. It was pretty obvious for several months before the flood that it was on it's way out about a 1/3 of the stock was there and almost no employee's and no live music or people working on Mandolins of ES models in the back it was sad to watch it fall but the pricing was crazy it was almost MSRP on most stuff it seemed.

Yes it was an expensive shop and a lot of the guitars I looked at there had dings and signs of a lot of use on the shop floor. But it was an interesting place to visit.

Only place in the world where you could find Epiphones without flaws :-k

Yeah it's a shame I never bought guitars in there because they were always way overpriced but it was always fun to look and a fun place to get t-shirts and extra parts sometimes. It was pretty obvious for several months before the flood that it was on it's way out about a 1/3 of the stock was there and almost no employee's and no live music or people working on Mandolins of ES models in the back it was sad to watch it fall but the pricing was crazy it was almost MSRP on most stuff it seemed.

That's strange, I had assumed that buying a guitar directly off gibson, cutting out the dealers and shipping costs etc, would actually be cheaper. Guess I was wrong.

Archived