Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul identifier

thefripp72

Hi, I own an EPiphone Les Paul serial #: I02111094. From the Guitar Dater Project I got the info that it was made in S. Korea etc which I already knew..and also the date. Now, I'd like to know if it is possible to define if this model is a Standard just by checking the the serial #. And most of all, what kind of pups are they ? Manufacturing date was Nov. 2002. If necessary I'll take some pictures and post them.

thanks,

The serial number does not disclose the model.

Pics, or a detailed description of your LP is needed.

And welcome to the forum! [biggrin]

Hi,

thanks for the answer. I took some pictures and am trying to post them. However they seem to be too big a file. How do I reduce the file size ? thanks for the warm greetings to everyone.

post-42050-008213000 1332894302_thumb.jpg

Hi, I own an EPiphone Les Paul serial #: I02111094. From the Guitar Dater Project I got the info that it was made in S. Korea etc which I already knew..and also the date. Now, I'd like to know if it is possible to define if this model is a Standard just by checking the the serial #. And most of all, what kind of pups are they ? Manufacturing date was Nov. 2002. If necessary I'll take some pictures and post them.

thanks,

Hi...here are the pix...so...any idea of what pups are in here? As yopu can see the truss rod cover says Gibson..nothing else..the headstock reads Les Paul Model...and at the top Epiphone..of course..

ALso...the pots have a horrible 'dirty 'noise...are they cleanable or it's best to replace them? If so, what's the best ?

Last but not least...any suggestion regarding string gauge? I bought an Ernie Ball Slinky sampler..one of each...

thanks y'all again !!!

post-42050-031448400 1332857420_thumb.jpg

post-42050-063066200 1332857720_thumb.jpg

post-42050-005722300 1332857782_thumb.jpg

post-42050-088526900 1332857832_thumb.jpg

post-42050-054935500 1332857933_thumb.jpg

post-42050-042130900 1332894144_thumb.jpg

post-42050-022640800 1332894654_thumb.jpg

Hi...here are the pix...so...any idea of what pups are in here? As yopu can see the truss rod cover says Gibson..nothing else..the headstock reads Les Paul Model...and at the top Epiphone..of course..

ALso...the pots have a horrible 'dirty 'noise...are they cleanable or it's best to replace them? If so, what's the best ?

Last but not least...any suggestion regarding string gauge? I bought an Ernie Ball Slinky sampler..one of each...

thanks y'all again !!!

I'm sorry, I'm not going to help by sifting through the epiphone wiki (I'm too bored to do that atm) but I just wanted to say, that finish is gorgeous, the dark touch on the burst looks REALLY nice... This looks much more classy than the standard cherry sunburst...

I'm sorry, I'm not going to help by sifting through the epiphone wiki (I'm too bored to do that atm) but I just wanted to say, that finish is gorgeous, the dark touch on the burst looks REALLY nice... This looks much more classy than the standard cherry sunburst...

Hi, tks...it's a gorgeous machine..that's for sure...cool.gif I've seen some Gibson that have no finish whatsoever...they look terrible...cheap..I guess part of the joy of owning a guitar is the looks..., besides, it plays really well...I just wonder what kinds of pups are these.???.., ohmy.gif

post-42050-008213000 1332894302_thumb.jpg

thanks y'all again !!!

Speaking of strings... are they installed backwards through the tailpiece and then wrapped over the top? Is that a viable option? Doesn't seem right to me but I'm only a novice guitar player.

Speaking of strings... are they installed backwards through the tailpiece and then wrapped over the top? Is that a viable option? Doesn't seem right to me but I'm only a novice guitar player.

Yes, a very popular option to reduce the angle of the strings over the bridge, Joe Bonamassa is probably the most famous guy for preferring to string his geets this way.

Archived