Gibson Brands Forums

My new toy is here

bonzoboy

I just got a call from the store manager of Reid Music that my Tech21 NYC RotoChoir has finally arrived.I can't wait to get it home and plug it into my gig set up.When it's running through my 2 JCM 800s and my trusty old 2-15 Fender Bassman it should really throw the sound all over the place.Note to anyone in England who sleeps with their windows open,if you hear strains of Machine Gun and Star Spangled Banner during the night it's only me right across the pond from you playing with my new toy.Now if only the old mitts would co-operate and remain pain free long enough to have a few good strums.Once I get my hands back in shape I'll have to try and get my buddy to shoot a demo of this rig,from the demo I saw on their website it's a dead on facsimile of the real Leslie 860 cabinet. You can check out the demo here and just follow the site map: http://www.tech21nyc.com/ it's well worth a look.

Thanks TC ,I tried out the pedal for a while this evening and it is nothing short of amazing.Quite literally if just about anyone were given a blindfold test I'd doubt very much if anybody could tell the pedal from the real McCoy you can even dial in the "growl" that you'd get from an overdriven B-3 into an old wooden Leslie cab.Unfortunately my hands were very bad this evening and I couldn't play long at all and I attempted Angel and Little Wing and after about 1 minute the pain became excrutiating.Anyway I get my next Remicade treatment next Thursday and I may have an improvement then at least for the remainder of that day Like I did last week. I see the chiropractor tomorrow and she usually gets my hands and fingers limbered up so maybe tomorrow evening I'll be able to give the pedal a better try.Cheers.

Thanks for the well wishes Ludnuts,I'm saving for a Rickenbacker still but where I have degenerative disc disease in my back I'm unable to lug around my old Leslie any more and where I do a lot of Hendrx covers some kind of Leslie simulator is essential especailly for songs like Angel,Little Wing,Hey Baby(new rising sun),The Star Spangled Banner and Machine Gun.When I saw and heard the demo on the Tech 21 NYC website I was sold on the pedal and jumped on it as fast as I could.The Rick is definitely in my future but it's just going to take a bit longer to scrape up the cash-that is unless I win a lottery and then I'll be buying at least one of every model of guitar and amp The Beatles used-lol.Cheers.

BTW Damian: They had the Boss RT-20 in stock and the store manager said that he uses one and finds it great but the Tech 21 is such a dead on match for the real thing,I wasn't going to chance it.It turns out that I made the right decision as the closeness to the authentic Leslie sound is so spot on that it's uncanny.

Archived