Gibson Brands Forums

This ones for Steve...

daveinspain

yea i have that on dvd and vhs, dave...great gig that was [thumbup]

We play Still got the blues in my band, love that tune... I play the lead but I do just the basic melody of the lead line without the firefinger stuff... Sounds easy but it's not...

We play Still got the blues in my band... I play the lead but I do just the basic melody of the lead line without the firefinger stuff... Sounds easy but it's not...

That's a real good melody for learning to bend accurately and smoothly since it mixes whole and half step bends (and requires vibrato). [thumbup]

That's a real good melody for learning to bend accurately and smoothly since it mixes whole and half step bends (and requires vibrato). [thumbup]

Yeah drives me crazy... I got the vibratos down but the half and whole bends are a b¡tch... Slightly not enough or too much makes you sound like crap...

... the half and whole bends are a b¡tch... Slightly not enough or too much makes you sound like crap...

Yep! [thumbup] Another good tip for getting those (and any) bends accurate is to play the "target" note fretted first to hear it - then bend into it from below. Keep at it until you can nail the pitch every time.

Archived