Gibson Brands Forums

My addiction to Epiphone's value line of valve amps...

LPDEN

Sure the market is filled with alot competition and amps of higher quality/capability. Nonetheless, I am addicted to these these Epi Valves It's a shame they are out of production.

A shining example of why I am addicted to these amps:

In my quest to put as many of these low-cost amps through their paces and to set up for use at various jam locations, I picked up a new in the box Valve Jr. Head last night and plan to try out the Bitmo TRIO mod kit for it: http://thetubestore.com/bmtrio.html

Anyone here actually employ this kit yet? Seems like a worthy upgrade that enhances that nice pure tube sound...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvPgy9w5UWE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• 2 months later...

I can't believe I posted all the below.. and then pc goofed.. (ok ok human error!)

but I'll see your addiction and raise you two addictions

my first two

newvjboth3.jpg

and more

MF2.jpg

and more

Asnakeskin2.jpg

they began to pile up

VJsstack2.jpg

I started losing my mind

Postal1.jpg

an el34

EL342.jpg

a 6v6

6V6-1.jpg

and more and more

emoney3.jpg

I'd keep posting but the nurse says it's time for my meds.

Take two TOOBS, and call me in the morning.

I found a Valve Jr head a couple weeks ago and it is the best $70 I have ever spent on any single guitar item. I bought it thinking that I would do one of the mods to it but I have decided I like it so much I am going to keep it as it is. If I want an effect I can get a pedal but I dont want to do anything to the tone of this amp. I could not find the matching Epiphone cab so I am playing through a Egnater 112. Love it.

post-44328-013356300 1340897326_thumb.jpg

Archived