Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone has a acoustic guitar that I can have ? :)?

Guest kerwin36

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was another Troll or spam bot or??..There have been a lot of them on the forum lately.

After every post they make is: [x posted image

Yeah I've noticed this too. If you try to view the image you get taken off to Amazon quite often.

It's strange because they sometimes come back with other posts within the thread as well.

As for the taxes, I have the great 'joy' of being employed in a world that has now become a dirty word, I'm in banking, Global trading, investments, ICSD, custodianship, all the dirty ones so you would believe, all I would say is; It's not often I rise to a post such as this but what was written comes over as bolted together tabloid-snippets. I can only suggest reading a higher calibre of newspaper or news websites to get a richer, more rounded picture of the workings of what you're complaining about and that you direct your commentary in a suitable direction.

Have a nice day!

I was waiting for PM to report! Who can dislike a banker whose favourite guitar is a Woody Guthrie? (On which front what news? Repair complete? Nature of repair?) At least you work in a bank. Though you do find a lot of time to post here. Which brings me back to my original plan for a second, self-referential crack here - clearly a lot of the non-working world is busy here at the Gibson forum. [scared]

I work with a few different markets, Mojo.. My daily working clock is all over the place.. I could be up and started by 3am other times it could be 2-3pm before much kicks off. I look after deals that other people made, I don't make the bigwig deals and I don't make the millions per year either I'm afraid.... I normally post during the day when I go out for a ciggie break.

The woody, I heard about the woody just yesterday morning actually... I contacted my dealer and they reported back that they had received the guitar at the beginning of this month, assessed it and sent it back to the manufacturer. There was no great explanation of the actual problem but I'm now thinking that if it was serious enough for them to go to the bother of returning it to manufacturer, it must be a bit of a real issue. I'm actually really missing it, I had contacted them to find out when it was due back as I'm gigging on Saturday night. I guess I have zero chance of that now. Thankfully I had a K&K pure mini installed in the SJ-200TV so it will be getting it's first outing as my main guitar on Saturday night.

Hey, I paid $5 for my first guitar. It was an old Mexican cedar slot-head nylon-string that I converted to steel strings. Even put a pickguard on it. I didn't understand why it looked like it wanted to fold up like a cheap suit with those strings on it.

There are plenty of cheap guitars out there, and if he really wants a guitar, that's a good place to start. Don't expect anybody to hand you a fine guitar for nuthin', at least until you prove you "deserve" it. You'll also need some cash to buy strings every year or so ( [biggrin] )

Don't ya kinda miss the days when you could care less about tone woods and what moniker was on the headstock. Geez, if it had six strings and just stayed in tune you were happy.

My first guitar was a freebie given to me by a friend of my parents for a birthday gift. It was a 1930s Martin R18 archtop. Then again, I did not know a good guitar from a can of tuna but it was mine and that was all I cared about.

I actually just give away a pretty good guitar - a 1972 Guild D-25. But it went to a friend who plays in a worship band with a borrowed instrument. I felt, as you said though, he deserved it and the guitar went to a good home.

I work in Advertising .... apparently my profession is ranked one higher in terms of credibility then the bottom two which are used car salesmen and politicians. :rolleyes:

But you still like me guys, right .. ? :unsure:

Maybe......

Australian-born, and working in Europe? You one of them metro-sexual furriner types? And in ADVERTISING?

This country boy band thing is just a cover-up. I bet you secretly play a Taylor in the closet. [biggrin]

Maybe......

Australian-born, and working in Europe? You one of them metro-sexual furriner types? And in ADVERTISING?

This country boy band thing is just a cover-up. I bet you secretly play a Taylor in the closet. [biggrin]

as long as you're not a politician you're alright in my book

Taylor, well that would be one for the books ...why Gibson recently featured me in their advertising campaign .... ;-)

317534_10150425141053833_767423832_10325779_1928936935_n.jpg

Maybe......

I work in Advertising .... apparently my profession is ranked one higher in terms of credibility then the bottom two which are used car salesmen and politicians. :rolleyes:

But you still like me guys, right .. ? :unsure:

..the jury is still out on this EA!!!!

[flapper]

Maybe......

...I Knew it Nick!!!!!!!!! Euro Aussie is a Taylor playin' Metro-sexual agency Traitor!!!!!

I guess that's still beter than being a Trader!!!!!

[flapper]

I do totally understand the current street-level sentiment to the finance sector, many of them feel the same themselves.

People are quick to forget who they were applauding in boom times, the traders... They're the reason many lower middle/middle earners have a 'portfolio', aggressive profiteering in the boom times are the very reason many of them own multiple properties they could barely afford etc... When the market bottomed out as confidence in debt as a commodity hit a low, well, the results were plain to see.

If you dabble in bubbles, one of them is going to burst on you one day... it's been an expensive and brutal lesson to many people in so many countries. My heart goes out to them, but the worst of cases seem to be the ones who were their own worst enemies. Never over-extend your hand, never order a bar-tab you can't pay and never make a move without an exit strategy, they're all very scalable lessons.

It's all good PM. At least your not an Estate Agent!!!!!

I personally think that the bankers have been beat up enough and we should now learn from the mistakes and move on...bankers and responsible banking are now an important part of the solution to help us get out of this mess!!!!

...let's get back to talking' bout guitars!!!!

When I talk to my bank-guide under 4 eyes (happens rather rarely), I sometimes ask him about what is goin' on, from where he gets his orders, how much/far and far up he and his colleagues actually see. After about three digs, the guy don't know what to say – and it's not just a guard/facade. Anticipating this, picturing that, he really seems to be acting half-blindfolded. At one point I told him – and we 'know' each other – that if Sting was asked the same Q.'s about his craft/business, he would be able to give quite accurate answers about what he and the band is doin, , , to a certain point, the musician would be aware of the 'system' he is under. Wanting the same level of answers/insight from the banker was like fishing in the fog. He just said he couldn't tell and underlined that it's 2 totally different worlds. Oh indeed it is - I sincerely believe he, as a small fish, is totally unable to navigate in the waters he's swimming – he sees 4 waves ahead, beyond that there is nothing – maybe apart from the silhouette of an island. In other words, the troubadours and traveling bands are the ones on safe grounds – it's those finance people who are the real fairground jesters.

I left feeling kind of sad for him. . . . .

Back to Gibsons -

It's all good PM. At least your not an Estate Agent!!!!!

This is true... ;)

...let's get back to talking' bout guitars!!!!

Oh yes.... Definitely, perhaps the small diversion the thread took might even put asking for a free Gibson into perspective ;)

I do totally understand the current street-level sentiment to the finance sector, many of them feel the same themselves.

People are quick to forget who they were applauding in boom times, the traders... They're the reason many lower middle/middle earners have a 'portfolio', aggressive profiteering in the boom times are the very reason many of them own multiple properties they could barely afford etc... When the market bottomed out as confidence in debt as a commodity hit a low, well, the results were plain to see.

If you dabble in bubbles, one of them is going to burst on you one day... it's been an expensive and brutal lesson to many people in so many countries. My heart goes out to them, but the worst of cases seem to be the ones who were their own worst enemies. Never over-extend your hand, never order a bar-tab you can't pay and never make a move without an exit strategy, they're all very scalable lessons.

Wise as ever, PM. Of course the underlying problem is not the bankers or banks, but the greed of the average punter. Symptoms are not the same as causes. I also think Spot has a point about needing to move on and promote responsible banking. But that would mean more of the top boys opting out of their inordinately large bonuses like Stephen Hester did. And the banks seem to have pushed for the deregulation that has allowed all that greed to expand. I posted my gibe after starting to watch Inside Job with a group of students. But of course bankers were not the real target, but complacency. And well, blaming the unemployed for stuff is bound to rile me - there's too much South Yorkshire blood in me to let such things pass. You know, all unemployed miners are just lazy, et pata ti et pata ta. Cue posting of Dylan's 'North Country Blues'.

Maybe......

OMG . . .

I'm crushed.

Say it ain't so EA! . [crying]

Archived