Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone has a acoustic guitar that I can have ? :)?

Guest kerwin36

Basically just means we need to take Zappa's advice to shut up and play your guitar.

Great Idea, ZW!

But while I am here, do we have any politicians lurking?

Between them and the bankers they may organise a guitar for the fellow....

BluesKing777.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do totally understand the current street-level sentiment to the finance sector, many of them feel the same themselves.

People are quick to forget who they were applauding in boom times, the traders... They're the reason many lower middle/middle earners have a 'portfolio', aggressive profiteering in the boom times are the very reason many of them own multiple properties they could barely afford etc... When the market bottomed out as confidence in debt as a commodity hit a low, well, the results were plain to see.

If you dabble in bubbles, one of them is going to burst on you one day... it's been an expensive and brutal lesson to many people in so many countries. My heart goes out to them, but the worst of cases seem to be the ones who were their own worst enemies. Never over-extend your hand, never order a bar-tab you can't pay and never make a move without an exit strategy, they're all very scalable lessons.

Parlour Man. Obviously not all employees in the financial sector are bad eggs. If you are on here, I would guarantee anyone that you are one of the good ones.

For those of us who payed close attention to the fallout, Credit Default Swaps were ridiculous financial instruments that should havel never been allowed to be traded, and especially at dollar volumes higher than years on end of the GDP of the entire planet. They should have simply been declared null and void. There should be a large number of traders behind bars in my opinion, but of course with the corrupt system in place run by ex CEO's of Goldman Sachs and the like, justice will never be served.

If I had commited anything so corrupt I would be doing 20 years in Sing Sing. I'm glad that you're not one of them.

Oh, yeah. Guitars. I too would love to have one of the Woody Guthrie models to keep my AJ company. They look like great guitars.

Ajay, I can't disagree with a lot of your points there, mate..

Especially re: fineness of the Woody!

Your Woody problem sounds ever more mysterious, PM. My heartfelts. Hope now that it is with its maker it finds a swift fix which is neither too intrusive, nor too overbuilt. Hope also you get a full low-down on what went wrong and what was done to sort it. In the meantime, I believe you are rather nearer Tübingen than I am (a good 2000-km round trip for me, so a Proclaimers-ish distance). From the posts, it's clear that you're not the recipient of large bonuses. Perhaps you still have some cash stashed from the sale of all those electrics, though. In the drive to favour quantity over quality and acoustic over electric, perhaps you can afford the reasonably priced 1943 rosewood SJ so often featured here in the hands of JT. Your first vintage piece, perhaps? A banner SJ with rosewood sides just like Woody's original. Or failing the readies, you could just pop across the border and practise on said guitar - oh just to play it for a while...

Especially re: fineness of the Woody!

Your Woody problem sounds ever more mysterious, PM. My heartfelts. Hope now that it is with its maker it finds a swift fix which is neither too intrusive, nor too overbuilt. Hope also you get a full low-down on what went wrong and what was done to sort it. In the meantime, I believe you are rather nearer Tübingen than I am (a good 2000-km round trip for me, so a Proclaimers-ish distance).

Yeah, I'm curious about it... I'd like to know what has to be done to it. I'll certainly ask what was done.

From the posts, it's clear that you're not the recipient of large bonuses. Perhaps you still have some cash stashed from the sale of all those electrics, though. In the drive to favour quantity over quality and acoustic over electric, perhaps you can afford the reasonably priced 1943 rosewood SJ so often featured here in the hands of JT. Your first vintage piece, perhaps? A banner SJ with rosewood sides just like Woody's original. Or failing the readies, you could just pop across the border and practise on said guitar - oh just to play it for a while...

No mate., I certainly don't receive 6 or 7 figure bonuses, if only...

As for the vintage pieces, of course I'd love to have one, or two ;) However, I did just this week get a taste of an older 'bird with the adjustable bridge, I know it's not a shared opinion here, but it sounded great.... belonged to the colleague of a friend of the guy who sings with me. It wasn't an A-grade piece, loads of visible repairs but cool.

Archived