Gibson Brands Forums

Only a Gibson Is Good Enough!

I've been looking for one of these in the UK for a while and could not resist buying one!!!. It's actually a really comfortable position to play in....

stool.jpg

What do ya'll use as a seat when practising or just strummin' away?

[blush]

Very nice! I normally strum in the living room - so the sofa is the obvious spot for me :)

See that's what I used to do Dave!!. Don't know what your sofa's like but mine is a soft back killing mess. After about 20 minutes I'm horizontal!!! Not great for one's posture!!!!

:(

See that's what I used to do Dave!!. Don't know what your sofa's like but mine is a soft back killing mess. After about 20 minutes I'm horizontal!!! Not great for one's posture!!!!

:(

Mine is new and firm - but I'm normally cowering in the corner while my kids run past waving sticks and throwing action men across the room [scared]

I've been looking for one of these in the UK for a while and could not resist buying one!!!. It's actually a really comfortable position to play in....

What do ya'll use as a seat when practising or just strummin' away?

[blush]

This......

Nicksguitarstool.jpg

Custom made in the USA (Holland Bar Stool) for about $100, including shipping. You pick the colors and the height.

In my younger days I used a stool. But as I've gotten older, I've become partial to no arm rockers.

I used to have an old wooden one I cut the arms off of. A few years ago I bought a Pick'n Glide.

PicknGlidesm.jpg

After 2 back surgeries at 28 years old that armless rocker looks like a real winner to me!

I used to sit for years until one day the stool was left out in the rain and I had to stand for a small event I played at. I found I was more in touch with the music and moved around a little. As a bonus (and I don't know why) I realised I was remembering words better as well. More feeling and a better natural flow. I do this even practising too and it has made a world of difference.

Mike

I used to sit for years until one day the stool was left out in the rain and I had to stand for a small event I played at. I found I was more in touch with the music and moved around a little. As a bonus (and I don't know why) I realised I was remembering words better as well. More feeling and a better natural flow. I do this even practising too and it has made a world of difference.

Mike

You left yourself wide open for a nice joke there, but I'm not gonna throw it out there. . B)

You left yourself wide open for a nice joke there, but I'm not gonna throw it out there. . B)

That's funny, I was trying to find a way around the "stool" part. Terrible when you leave it out in the rain....:)