Gibson Brands Forums

Date Stamp different than Packing Check List

RUSHian

I was registering my new Buckethead LP Studio on line this morning and I noticed the date (year) on the quality check list says 10/25/10 on the back of the headstock it says 2011? Did the guy just write the wrong year on the list?

Does the serial number on the checklist match the one on the Guitar?

If it does, that's pretty strange.

If it doesn't, there was a case mix up, which sometimes happens at the retailer. I bought a Gibson Custom guitar from GC once. Gibson had tagged the handle of the case with the serial number. I checked it against the guitar - it didn't match. When I looked inside, no COA. I sent them digging through their back room. Fortunately they found the right case with the correct Checklist and COA (I got lucky - they hadn't given my case to someone else).

Does the serial number on the checklist match the one on the Guitar?

If it does, that's pretty strange.

If it doesn't, there was a case mix up, which sometimes happens at the retailer. I bought a Gibson Custom guitar from GC once. Gibson had tagged the handle of the case with the serial number. I checked it against the guitar - it didn't match. When I looked inside, no COA. I sent them digging through their back room. Fortunately they found the right case with the correct Checklist and COA (I got lucky - they hadn't given my case to someone else).

The model number is correct. The Box was sealed by Gibson (so it says)- I'll have to double check the serial # - 2010 they would have used rosewood, not baked maple on the neck.

The date on the card can be after the date-stamp/serial#.

But the card date should not be before the manufacture date-stamp/serial#.

Strange to say the least.

Maybe the inspector filling it out put in the wrong year. . [confused]

The date on the card can be after the date-stamp/serial#.

But the card date should not be before the manufacture date-stamp/serial#.

Strange to say the least.

Maybe the inspector filling it out put in the wrong year. . [confused]

Maybe they had a rough night before...

Archived