Gibson Brands Forums

Ebay Parking Fees

BluesKing777

It occurred to me the other day that Ebay needs to charge parking fees for some of the guitars that have been around too long. I am pretty sure there are a couple of Gibson acoustics that have been for sale there since Ebay was invented - highly inflated prices - keep re-listing etc etc to hook a Big Fish?

Just an idea...

BluesKing777.

BK...you mean the $137,000 Goya/Levin or the $120,000+ Hendrix owned Strat or my $1600 '65 Guild T100?

HA Ha!

I have saved the smaller body Gibson acoustic link on Ebay to my favourites, so I normally go there first to see what is happening, then move to the Goya/Levins, Hendersons.

Some of the LG1s have been there since they were built, almost??? A one dollar charge and those cheapskates listing the rubbish hoping to 'hook-a-mug' would never be seen again!

(I know about the hook - I have been done a few times).

BluesKing777.

I've totally abandoned Ebay due to fees. There is a re-listing fee I'm sure.

I know...they bumped up their fees recently, but where else can you reach so many for that much money? My crappy little hometown paper wants $60 for the six line loser add that reaches a thousand or two shoppers. At least I know Ebay reaches millions. Also find that the Ebay geeks come in pretty dead-on regarding market value.

Archived