Gibson Brands Forums

How many of you music lovers like fine art too??

onewilyfool

"Mona Lisa must have had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles. . ."

.........................................................................................................................B.D.1966 -

Count me in Wily – I tend to see Marty Feldman in the mix.

Da Vinci, , , , oh yes, once met him in Rome – but my favorite these days still is Hartford Snyder.

BK...I'm trying to bring a little culture to our little group...and I think I succeeded. I brought as little culture as possible....

I opened the thread wondering but beautiful painting or object the clever and refined people of the Gibson Acoustic forum were going to present.....

BluesKing777.

Very Monty Python-esque animation of the Mona Lisa. Funny stuff. In all seriousness, I am a lover of fine art. One day I'll have to visit Rome and see the Sisteen Chapel in person.

My girlfriend and me were shown the door there a couple of light-years ago – her skirt was too short. A little pythonesque too.

Never paid it a thought before goin'. . . .

Oooh yes, and I also met Mona. Smaller than expected and slightly reserved behind glass. . .

The guys swarmed around her -

J M W Turner...one of the most outrageously original painters of all time

Also the surrealists and cubists...most of whom can paint 'straight' when the need arises

Leonardo da Vinci for being one of the greatest allround geniuses ever

Canaletto for painstaking photo realism

Caravaggio for inspiring Martin Scorcese

David Hockney (and Picasso) for achieving great success in their lifetimes

Constable and Gainsborough for immortalising the English countryside

And many more.... [thumbup]

V

:-({|=

John Waterhouse for beauty and John Atkinson Grimshaw (Street Scenes)for detail.

( If you take a moment to look them up you will be impressed : )

Favorite Sculpture Antonio Canova..."The Three Graces" (Carved out of one solid block of marble..wow & meow)

Architect & Interors...Augustus W.Pugin

Archived