Gibson Brands Forums

new hummingbird fret buzz

ditdr

Can anyone help me I have a fret buzz from the g b and high e strings on my new hummingbird purchased about 2 months ago, it looks like the strings are digging into the saddle is this normal? Perhaps it just needs a setup strings are martin 80/20 lights. It was purchased from gc and will Gibson pay for a warranty setup or am I on my own?

Can anyone help me I have a fret buzz from the g b and high e strings on my new hummingbird purchased about 2 months ago, it looks like the strings are digging into the saddle is this normal? Perhaps it just needs a setup strings are martin 80/20 lights. It was purchased from gc and will Gibson pay for a warranty setup or am I on my own?

Sounds like the guitar was not set up properly. Didn't you notice the problem before you bought it? I would take it back to GC and see if they will fix the problem. I could go into detail about how to check the string height and saddle, etc., but I would try to resolve it thru GC first.

Yep, take her in.

I know some other posters who use very light guage strings on their Birds, Milod for example and he gets good results. My Birds like 12s that is their sweet spot, you put new light strings on and you probably need a neck adjustment now.

Archived