Gibson Brands Forums

Looking for a white Riviera/Sheraton pickguard

JimR56

I'm looking for a white (white/black/white) vintage or vintage-style Riviera or Sheraton pickguard, cut for mini-humbuckers. I'd rather find an original from the 60's, but a repro would be fine as long as it's cut right and looks like an original (can't use the more common type that are cut for full sized hb's).

66riviera_gd.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help, or leads.

Check Terrapins website. John has the guards that he's set up to do listed and you can print out a full scale template to check the fit. I've done that, made notes on any differences that I'd like (add 1/16" here, shave 1/16" there) mailed it to him and received perfect guards. I also sent him a white one I had, that he didn't have on his list, and he used it as a template for a black one I wanted. I got a great guard, he got a template he didn't have before, and has been able to help others with, since. John tells me that Epiphone guards can be a little tough to replicate as there have been some minor changes over the years as different factories have made them. I'd definitely recommend him over the other big, ironically named website. Keep us posted.

http://www.terrapinguitars.com/

Archived