Gibson Brands Forums

Hi

Midnight Newton

Welcome.

How hard did you have to look to find the Montana Gold of yours?

Thanks,

I brought it long distance from a Vintage guitar seller in the States (Fullers).. It looked so good from the pictures that I had to have the Gold over the standard model.. Once I had taken down the action it plays beautifully.. Don't regret the purchase one bit.. It wasn't hard to find at the time. Probably got it about 4 or 5 years ago - at a guess.. Was a bit of a risk buying without trying - but I figured it was a Gibson so the quality would be there. Love playing it I just need something else in case I get an issue with it. I brought the Epiphone to attempt to back it up but although it is a fantastic guitar for the money the action is just not the same and I think it has thinner fret wire - so it needs accurate finger placement to avoid dead spots on playing the top string.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.. Will try to post some pics when I can..

@danvillerob - yes , this is what worries me :-0

It doesn't worry me...but it sure worries my wife!

J-200 needs a 'Bird and a Dove to go with it.

I brought it long distance from a Vintage guitar seller in the States (Fullers).....

Actually, after seeing you're in the UK, I was thinking it would hard to find there.

Fullers is a great dealer - I've made two internet guitar purchases from them over they years, a pleasing experience both times. . B)

How do you do Neil ... and welcome to the forum, you will enjoy it here.

Just ignore the freaks and loose cannons and you will be fine ... ;-)

EA

Hey EA....I resent...er...resemble that statement.... [laugh]

Welcome home Neil [thumbup]

Archived