Gibson Brands Forums

Dishonesty or Human Error?

J.R.M.30!

I was watching Ohio State vs. Kansas and saw where a Kansas player clearly fouled an Ohio State player but did not receive the foul. Instead he sat down for a while, for a break in my mind. Later on, in the second half, a T.V. timeout one of Ohio State's players had to sit out with his fourth foul. I don't remember him picking up the fourth foul but none the less he had to sit out for quite a while. Back to the the player who didn't pick up the foul in the begininng, turns out he impacted the game in the second half, rallying his team for a victory. Are we going to have another referee controversy, like in the N.B.A. i.e. Brian Denehy?

Oh contrar, this topic crosses country borders, as there have been links of the mafia in Italy, rigging Futbol matches. There have been countless deaths at these Futbol matches across the globe. It's not just an "American thing".

It's only a foul if you get caught.

Games are officiated by humans. To avoid controversy, a game would be played and officiated by humans while every corner, every angle of the game floor would be recorded. Then after the game, other officials and each team's coach would replay the game looking for missed or incorrect calls, points deductions or additions would be awarded based on the level of infraction and the imputed cost to the negatively affected team. It would probably take until Wednesday for the result of a Sunday game to be announced.

I doubt anyone would pay to watch such a game. [blush]

However, they might pay to watch to post game officiating and score adjustment sessions... Now that's reality TV! [thumbup]

It's a game, as such it WILL have missed or bad calls. Come to terms with it.

I was watching Ohio State vs. Kansas and saw where a Kansas player clearly fouled an Ohio State player but did not receive the foul. Instead he sat down for a while, for a break in my mind. Later on, in the second half, a T.V. timeout one of Ohio State's players had to sit out with his fourth foul. I don't remember him picking up the fourth foul but none the less he had to sit out for quite a while. Back to the the player who didn't pick up the foul in the begininng, turns out he impacted the game in the second half, rallying his team for a victory. Are we going to have another referee controversy, like in the N.B.A. i.e. Brian Denehy?

Is this your first time watching basketball on TV? Seriously.

I watch basketball all the time and have for many years.

Every single game I have seen (and it's thousands of games) has had at least ONE foul that was committed but not called. And usually it's more than one.

That is what happens. Where have you been????????? [confused]

It doesn't mean it's fixed. It means as humans we are not perfect.

Yes, it is obviously fixed. I am certain I was told or at least overheard that they are actually paid quite well by the Tri-lateral Commission, which are really no more than really high level Masons. It has everything to do with that unfinished pyramid you see on our money and a lot of other government documents, and is why there is an eye over the top, at least according to the episode of Arthur C. Clark I watched. Apparently the unfinished pyramid was an analogy for the ancient stone mason who was tasked with constucting a pyrmid by the Pharoe, who promised "Half my lands, half my wealth, and my daughter that you might rule at my side". Yet when he arrived, the Pharoe had thought to insure his failure, for it had been decreed that he be allowed no slaves or help of any kind, other than the stone cutters to cut the blocks. He was given only months to accomplish what would have taken a hundred slaves at least a year, but he was clever and had the masons cut smaller stones so that he could work more quickly. For while the mighty Pharoe had given instructions for how tall and how wide, he had not said how large the blocks had to be. And so it was that the Pharoe came to inspect the work and taunt the mason for his slow progress only to find him climbing the nearly completed pyramid. Shocked, the mighty Pharoe scrambled up the pyramid after the mason and desperately reached out and finally clutched him by the calf. The stone mason stopped his climb, turned to the mighty Pharoe and asked "What are you doing, oh Mighty Pharoe?" To which he replied "Why, I'm pulling your leg!"

Kinda like I'm doing to y'all right now.

:ph34r:

My comment was around COLLEGE sports...watching KIDS play a game. Do they go crazy about college football in England? (the real football) Italy? Or just adults?

What a silly thing to say. There's quite a large British University & College Sports following. Maybe it's the lack of world class Universities one finds in Canada that leaves you with that impression, but Canada is far from being the "Rest of the World".

Please... Ever heard of English/Irish/Scots football hooligans? South American Football riots? I could go on.

Rule numero uno. Why I do not watch football. It's ridiculous seeing people fight/shout abuse/riot over what is just a silly game.

What a silly thing to say. There's quite a large British University & College Sports following. Maybe it's the lack of world class Universities one finds in Canada that leaves you with that impression, but Canada is far from being the "Rest of the World".

One thing they do get right in Canada. I was there for the Stanley cup last year. Having seen football holliganism first hand, I was refreshed how a bunch of Canadians could go to a bar, sit among fellow fans of their team and fans of the other team and not have it turn into a riot. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it. At the end, there was no animosity. Everyone just had a good time.

Can't wait until the wife and I emigrate. That is an environment I'd feel happy bringing kids up in.

Edit: And on the "no world class universities" subject, my father didn't go to a world class university and yet he is still in the 50% tax band. He once told me that someone who wants something enough, will do anything to get what they want. Valuable lesson.

Archived