Gibson Brands Forums

LES PAUL FIREBURST SATIN

djBeWilmingtonNC

Just ran across the new les paul satin models, yellow and fireburst. i won't even take yellow in an ibanez but i must say the fireburst color intrigues me as it is a nice change of pace from the other offerings at Gibsons $800 street entry-level les paul price point. Before fireburst, you had to settle for a "faded" woodgrain or, more recently, satin blacks and blues. The blue looks kind of denimey, and the satin black kind of washed out.

But this fireburst color puts everything together in a nice $800 package, guess it will be my first baked-maple neck Gibson because I want one for sure...post-41834-012112900 1333406671_thumb.jpg

Just ran across the new les paul satin models, yellow and fireburst. i won't even take yellow in an ibanez but i must say the fireburst color intrigues me as it is a nice change of pace from the other offerings at Gibsons $800 street entry-level les paul price point. Before fireburst, you had to settle for a "faded" woodgrain or, more recently, satin blacks and blues. The blue looks kind of denimey, and the satin black kind of washed out.

But this fireburst color puts everything together in a nice $800 package, guess it will be my first baked-maple neck Gibson because I want one for sure...post-41834-012112900 1333406671_thumb.jpg

I typically prefer the solid color finishes, wine red being my favorite. Of the burst finishes the fireburst looks really good! I love the dark outline with the ligher colors to contrast it. The desert burst is great too.

I think you'll love the feel of the new maple fretboards.

Archived