Gibson Brands Forums

Does the Epiphone Gigbag for Solidbody Electric Guitars fit a Les Paul Junior?

Hey all, I'm new here. New to guitars in general actually, I've been a musician all my life but have finally gotten around to teaching myself guitar. I went ahead and purchased an Epiphone Les Paul Junior in TV Yellow last week (with plans in a few months to purchase an Epiphone Les Paul Standard) and I've also ordered the Epiphone gig bag (Here).

I'm wondering if this gig bag fits the Junior. I couldn't find information on this, although I know that the difference in size between the full size guitars and the junior is minimal.

Thanks

Dylan

Welcome to the forum, Dylan! That gigbag should fit your Epi LP Jr. Just keep in mind those aren' t heavily padded, but do a good enough job of allowing you to carry your buitar and keep it from getting scratched up. Enjoy your new guitars and your endeavor intoplaying guitar. Have lots of fun, that's what it's all about!

Welcome to the forum, Dylan! That gigbag should fit your Epi LP Jr. Just keep in mind those aren' t heavily padded, but do a good enough job of allowing you to carry your buitar and keep it from getting scratched up. Enjoy your new guitars and your endeavor intoplaying guitar. Have lots of fun, that's what it's all about!

Thanks very much! I look forward to getting the bag! It's killing me having it out on the stand like this, even locked away in my studio.

I got a Epi gig bag with my LP Std, and it barely fits .... barely long enough to stretch over the headstock....and, as LPDEN pointed out, not much padding .... and the zipper on the pocket fell off...LOL. Am gonna upgrade some day, but...zipper to main compartment still opens/closes, and guitar has at least a modicum of protection. The gig bag that came with my Brian May is of outstanding quality, I usually tote the LP in that if I'm only hauling one guit. I'd think a Jr will fit...well, as well as my Std fits...

I'd spend an extra $20 and get a Roadrunner gigbag or something. Those bottom barrel Epiphone gigbags do little more than keep the dust off of your guitar. Besides, they are course and have no padding. Much like RSDx, the zipper broke on the cheap bag that came with my PR4-E the first time I tried to use it. With gigbags like these, you'd be better off keeping the guitar on a stand. These gigbags are like putting your guitar in a dufflebag and leaning it against the wall. Spend a little more and get something better. An LP Junior is a relatively short guitar and will fit in almost any electric gigbag.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I didn't need much for my Junior, it's just to keep it from dust/scratches.

I've actually already gone and purchased my second guitar. I went with the Epi Les Paul Standard (Ebony).

I went ahead and ordered this case for my LP Standard: Epiphone Les Paul Hardshell Case , the standard hard case that Epi sells. I also got a few stands. I can't wait for it all to show up.

• 1 month later...

the "Junior" is thinner than a regular LP. I took the cardboard from the shipping box that the case came in and made (cut)a "shim" to better support the guitar in the case.

epicard001.jpg

epicard002.jpg

Archived