Gibson Brands Forums

Getting a new old school pc

FenderGuy1

Guest farnsbarns

You might struggle, pre 96 won't have USBs and win 95 rev A and B had no support for USB. I don't know where you'd get the rev C patch from nowadays. I think even if it has USB you'd struggle to find a WiFi dongle with win 95 or 98 drivers or a PCI WiFi card for that matter. I doubt your isp provides a dial up number so that's not likely to work either. If you can find a PCI network card with drivers you could probably connect it to your router that way.

Best hope this thing is late 90s with USB ports and you can find a WiFi dongle with win 98 drivers or you might get xp running on it but then it's not so much old school as it is just slow.

I'm getting an Abacus.....I'm putting it next to the double paned Window I installed in '95.......

I put my Apples on the '95 Window sill to ripen on a nice pad......Just sayin'.....;) ................

Good for you though, some folks think that 1959 Gibby Les Pauls are, well, old 'n stuff......B) ....

Maybe he'll become famous when they release a new TV series on Discovery orHGTV -

Teen Hoarders

Or how much crap can you wedge in just your one bedroom.

And we already have the always popular spin-offs

Siblings of Teenage hoarders

hell no it's not in the DNA their just CRAZY.

And the ever popular

Parents of Teen Hoarders

Or we don't really care why anymore

we just want them accepted into any out of state college

so they'll leave and take all the junk with them.

And then in about a decade they can have the final chapter

Storage wars Vs/the storage unit of a Teenage Hoarder

or really in 20+ years on this show we've never had a unit with no cash value!

We didn't really think it could ever happen literally nothing of value in the Whole thing

Why were they even paying the rent on this crap.

The youth has a clean, cheap hobby. Why disrespect him? He is fascinated by our society's cast off's that, while still functional, marketing gurus have told us that it is out of date and worthless. And, no, life is not better because of the magic of colored TV.

Apple is now telling us that our "clumsy desk top AND our lap top computers" are obsolete (their words) .... pFEH! They told me desk top computers days were over when lap tops first came out. I still have my desk top and NO lap top.

My television is a "clumsy" CRT. It was a cast-off by a 20 something who wanted something cooler. I got it for free. And, for the time being is not taking up land fill space. I cannot say the same for her first nor her second flat screen TV.

PC Hoarders. You and my stepfather might get along well! One tech related thing I should have besides a computer and phone/ipod related things is a Macintosh computer so I could do some REAL graphic design. Many a-album cover were created on a Macintosh. One example I can think of is Ace Frehley's Anomaly (which is a very oddball yet cool cover, hence the album title.). But then again he is the only musician that I have ever read or heard them talking about computers. Not many musicians talk about what technology was used to create their album covers.

NBA_guy.jpg

Don't sit too close to that dot matrix printer WahKeen. You might get drawn in. Thos little pins hurt! [scared] uh, don't ask how I know.... [blush]

Pay them no never mind FG1. Some day when the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse ride, and the only piece of electronic equipment that works is a Commodore 64, then... then... (shakin' my index finger at you) Then they'll be sorry. [crying]

Yeah.

:unsure:

Don't sit too close to that dot matrix printer WahKeen. You might get drawn in. Thos little pins hurt! [scared] uh, don't ask how I know.... [blush]

Pay them no never mind FG1. Some day when the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse ride, and the only piece of electronic equipment that works is a Commodore 64, then... then... (shakin' my index finger at you) Then they'll be sorry. [crying]

Yeah.

:unsure:

images-4-1.jpg

[sneaky][smile]

i hoard old mactops. i have the first PowerBook...

5598623413_8a72436708.jpg

...which is only good for a glowing green night light or something like that.

...and the first iBook, which is wi-fi (first wireless laptop?) and going on 12 years vintage...

7055587529_1afbce9523.jpg

...it still works well and does facebook!

Tell me Fender Guy, have you ever thought of taking apart all of these old and useless devices you have and making something better or something completely different out of it?

Or how about posting this stuff over at the old TV forum he found. I'm sure he'd get some much needed safety advice from his fellow hoarders.

I don't think hes hoarding, i just think he has an interest in old tech that nobody wants or needs. What would you rather have him do? Smoke weed and drink every weekend like every other kid does these days?

I don't think hes hoarding, i just think he has an interest in old tech that nobody wants or needs. What would you rather have him do? Smoke weed and drink every weekend like every other kid does these days?

Sure, because the only alternative to collecting old technology is smoking weed and drinking.

Archived