Gibson Brands Forums

All's Well.......

Buc McMaster

And this most certainly will end well! The J45TV is boxed and ready to head to Bozeman today via UPS, complete with a factory RMA number from Jeremy. I'm told it should be gone for 45-60 days in the careful hands of the Gibson Acoustic crew. I will miss it, but I do still have the Hummingbird to assuage my sorrow.

HUGE THANKS TO JEREMY for stepping up on this situation!! The cost matters not to me. I will pay the price to have my J45TV back like it was before Dr Frankenstein got his hands on it. And no, I will not name drop in a public forum, but if there are some members in the Houston area that want to know who the luthier in question is I will respond in a private message. I appreciate the forum's support in this fiasco. I swear on my sweet mother's name that my guitar was in new condition when it was delivered to the shop for a nut/saddle job, and that part was done perfectly. The luthier likewise swears he did not damage my guitar, but I know otherwise and photographs don't lie. Why he will not stand up and admit fault I cannot understand and am still confounded by his lack of honesty.

I hope you get your guitar back sooner than you're even hoping, and that it is exactly the way you need it to be. It's aggravating/infuriating to have a prized possession damaged. Just keep playing "the bird" and it won't be long you'll be playing both of them.

And this most certainly will end well! The J45TV is boxed and ready to head to Bozeman today via UPS, complete with a factory RMA number from Jeremy. I'm told it should be gone for 45-60 days in the careful hands of the Gibson Acoustic crew. I will miss it, but I do still have the Hummingbird to assuage my sorrow.

HUGE THANKS TO JEREMY for stepping up on this situation!! The cost matters not to me. I will pay the price to have my J45TV back like it was before Dr Frankenstein got his hands on it. And no, I will not name drop in a public forum, but if there are some members in the Houston area that want to know who the luthier in question is I will respond in a private message. I appreciate the forum's support in this fiasco. I swear on my sweet mother's name that my guitar was in new condition when it was delivered to the shop for a nut/saddle job, and that part was done perfectly. The luthier likewise swears he did not damage my guitar, but I know otherwise and photographs don't lie. Why he will not stand up and admit fault I cannot understand and am still confounded by his lack of honesty.

It is gone for a while then.

Is there not some Luthier's Association or such to complain to/report him to?

BluesKing777.

Oh, I live in fear of anyone damaging either of my new "bird" guitars.....

Buc, good luck, and I hope your baby gets back to you as quickly as possible.

Jeremy is a hidden treasure on the Forum, (he helped me answer a few questions some time ago too).

Sending the guitar to the guys who built it will SURELY result in it being restored. It might even come back better. Surely no worse. It is still close to new, and that is where the finish was applied.

I still find this matter interesting. I see the pics, and have read the post. When it gets to Bozeman, the guitar will speak for itself. It's gonna be obvious to them the 'damage' was made by hands, and it seems to me it is going to point at a repair facility or guy that did it. I don't mean to overstep my bounds saying such...mostly the point I make is there is a lot of experience in the room the guitar is going to. The 'repair' facility will not have any where to hide from them.

To be a fly on the wall! What is the guys at Bozeman gonna say? What must the "repair" guy be thinking? He is hours away from being found out! I admit, this part of me is 'gossip' in nature and really I have no right to know.

In reality, the guy messed up not coming forward, and probably didn't think it through enough to realize something like this could happen. I would hate to be in his shoes. I feel sorry for the guy in reality. He could loose his livelihood over this. It's only a guitar, and it may be harsh, but a man has GOT to earn his living, and if he ain't qualified because he can't tell the truth, that is a HARD lesson.

Gibson has to earn a living as well, and how they back their instruments and repair facilities matters to the customer. What happened to YOU shouldn't happen. So, in that way it is important to US what happens.

I don't think it is cool to watch a man eat his humble pie. But if he can't do it and chooses instead to hack guitars and take away from others trying to make an honest living, it isn't fair to others that he continues.

I would suggest asking Bozeman to take a few pictures

And provide you with a written report, stating what they consider to be the likley cause.

You can then waive this under your luthiers nose and threaten legal action

Or it will provide any support you need should you decide to take legal action

Their professional opinion should stand up in court if needs be.

Yes, to the eyes in Bozeman the damage to the guitar's finish will speak volumes. Perhaps I'll get an opinion as to cause from Gibson, perhaps not. I don't want to get into a legal war with the luthier......I just want my guitar as it was and I'll pay he price to have it that way. It's apparent to me I'll get no satisfaction from the guitar shop that did the damage.......I'll live with that and learn from it. I'm past the aggrevation of the situation. Now I just need be patient. [thumbup]

Yes, to the eyes in Bozeman the damage to the guitar's finish will speak volumes. Perhaps I'll get an opinion as to cause from Gibson, perhaps not. I don't want to get into a legal war with the luthier......I just want my guitar as it was and I'll pay he price to have it that way. It's apparent to me I'll get no satisfaction from the guitar shop that did the damage.......I'll live with that and learn from it. I'm past the aggrevation of the situation. Now I just need be patient. [thumbup]

good for you Buc, I hope your 45 turns out even better

That's a lot of why a lot of folks on the forum look up to you. I think when we accept the 'minuses' and bad stuff in life and take it as a fact, it doesn't hurt so much, if at all.

I think it's cool, the connection we all share with our guitars and to each other as a result. We feel joy for the other guy when a Gibson bretherin (term taken from the Epi forum) gets a great one. It's almost like the joy we get from our own instruments and what they do for us is automatically shared between one guy and another.

As such, when one of ours takes a damaging hit we all feel it. Sinse we ain't quite as close to it as you, we may be a little behind in 'getting over it'. We will catch up.

I see a GOOD side. You got a great axe. It has already been 'improved' with the nut and saddle. You already know it is a good one. When it comes back, it is going to be beyond a typical NGD. You KNOW it is gonna be good. The only unknown here is HOW much better it is gonna be than what you know it already is. I can easily see this thing coming back better than it was the first day you laid hands on it.

Archived