Gibson Brands Forums

Danville Rob Rocks

ol fred

Ouh yes count me in. Rob you are a serious part of rock history – an actual player in, and co-founder of an art form.

Don't worry - You and the Doves can sleep well at nights.

Interested in the period 3 Q.'s come up :

What year was it ?

Was there a Vox organ behind that nervy beat-sound ?

Who delivered the vocal-harmony ?

A green to ol fred for this clip. Pass it on to Danvill, not least for the re-glimpse of the boots. . . .

…..............................

Ouh yes count me in. Rob you are a serious part of rock history – an actual player in, and co-founder of an art form.

Don't worry - You and the Doves can sleep well at nights.

Interested in the period 3 Q.'s come up :

What year was it ?

Was there a Vox organ behind that nervy beat-sound ?

Who delivered the vocal-harmony ?

A green to ol fred for this clip. Pass it on to Danvill, not least for the re-glimpse of the boots. . . .

…..............................

Of course there was a VOX organ!

Roger sang lead, all the rest of us, (not the keyboard player), sang back-up.

Normally I'd sing the lead line and Roger would harmonize with me, (because I couln't harmonize for poop).

Thanks for the cudos, but we were just kids doin' what kids did back then.

Of course there was a VOX organ!

Roger sang lead, all the rest of us, (not the keyboard player), sang back-up.

Normally I'd sing the lead line and Roger would harmonize with me, (because I couln't harmonize for poop).

Thanks for the cudos, but we were just kids doin' what kids did back then.

Maybe, , , but some had the torch - others didn't.

Btw - 1966 is my favorite year.

good stuff Rob, do you have anymore ?

That's the only 45 that we released. It saw some exposure around the SF Bay Area.

I have some recordings from our very first practice session after we added the lead guitar and keyboards, but not on video..... Alec Paleo wants me to bring the tape by his place and he'll edit them and make a proper CD of them.

That's the only 45 that we released. It saw some exposure around the SF Bay Area.

I have some recordings from our very first practice session after we added the lead guitar and keyboards, but not on video..... Alec Paleo wants me to bring the tape by his place and he'll edit them and make a proper CD of them.

are all the band members still around ?

are all the band members still around ?

SigndPeterWheatandTheBreadmenCDalbu.jpg

From Left to right: Barry Houk - Lead Guitar, (washing clothes), is retired from Safeway, lives in Livermore, CA.

Me - Bass, (Ironing), working at Gillig, lives in Danville, CA.

Roger Kennedy - Rhythm Guitar/Lead Vocals, (cooking), died about 15 years ago of heart attack.

Terry Rissman - Drums, (top center), died last year diabetes

Chuck Tedford - Keyboards, (standing on right side), retired from Yellow Freight, lives in Idaho.

If there is anyone that is not already aware

I'm Proud to say, my pal,

Danville Rob will be appearing at the

Never Sweat Ranch in Rescue, CA August IIth

From 11:00 AM until we have to physically drag him from the stage

[flapper][flapper][flapper][flapper][flapper][flapper][flapper][flapper]

And you never know when I might dig up the next vid, or who it may me for that matter.

cool pic, its to bad everyone's not around to take another pic like that one

Yes... I miss them terribly...especially Roger, who I was very close to, (we went through all that getting kicked out of school for long hair together).

I talk to Barry every once in a while, and talk to Chuck often, but I wish I could talk to Roger again!

That is some cool stuff, Rob! You guys are(were) celebrities of '60's rock.... [thumbup]

Yes indeed! You rock, Rob! Very cool sound from the sixties! We want more!

Nice of you guys to say this stuff, but we were small fish in a very large pond.

I cherish my time doing that, but we were like everyone else...just trying to make it big.....we never did.

And I listen to you guys on this forum, and I can't hold a candle to some!

But, as Fred said, I'll play 'til someone drags me off the stage!

That was 'FAB'.

Thanks OF! I really enjoyed that.

New line-up, Vegas tour, DR?

What a frantic '60s recording - were the keys out of tune, or more likely, the rest of the band?

So you would have had all these DR I'm sorry and I can't help it but, did The Breadmen run out of dough? Did The Breadman go a bit flat? Ha Ha Sorry!!!! (I was in a band with a car name for a while and when that bellied we got all those.....

Back to the recording - how about a few details of the session? Where,when etc. The first recordings would have been terrifying and exciting all at the same time!

BluesKing777.

That was 'FAB'.

Thanks OF! I really enjoyed that.

New line-up, Vegas tour, DR?

What a frantic '60s recording - were the keys out of tune, or more likely, the rest of the band?

So you would have had all these DR I'm sorry and I can't help it but, did The Breadmen run out of dough? Did The Breadman go a bit flat? Ha Ha Sorry!!!! (I was in a band with a car name for a while and when that bellied we got all those.....

Back to the recording - how about a few details of the session? Where,when etc. The first recordings would have been terrifying and exciting all at the same time!

BluesKing777.

BK, you NEVER have to worry 'bout hurtin my feelings by making fun of me or the old band name.

The name was picked out for us by our management company. Peter Wheat was a bread company in the

Bay Area until about 1970. The name was SUPPOSED to make people smile and make jokes.....and remember us!

So all those jokes are welcomed!

As far as the recording session..... I'm not sure...I think it was recorded in San Jose at the Amber Records studio...but I kind of remember being in Berkeley, (we recorded a lot of radio commercials back then and my memory is fuzzy).

I recall the final take was about 4 AM, and we were dead tired. Back then we all recorded in one room, except for the drums, and we each had our own mic, and lines direct into the panel.

We recorded the music then layed the vocals over the top. (pretty primitive).

'

Just listened again – The bass work is actually really good. Stands guard rock steady as it should and keeps the energetic tune together.

Totally tight, great single note feeling, clever ostinate and excellent tone.

Just listened again – The bass work is actually really good. Stands guard rock steady as it should and keeps the energetic tune together.

Totally tight, great single note feeling, clever ostinate and excellent tone.

Thanks for saying so...but I felt I was dragging a little near the end....(it WAS 4 AM when we finished).

Not much time to spend on the Forum...in Australia.... going out to enjoy the city.

Archived