Gibson Brands Forums

New SRT Dodge Viper

dem00n

The closest that I got to a muscle car was a '93 SHO Taurus-it wasn't a Viper but there wasn't much on the highway that could keep up with her and she handled like she was on rails.Unfortunately everything except the engine and transmission gave out in her and repairs started costing me more than payments so I had to sell her at a big loss.It's too bad because she was the nicest driving and best handling car that I ever had.

The closest that I got to a muscle car was a '93 SHO Taurus-it wasn't a Viper but there wasn't much on the highway that could keep up with her and she handled like she was on rails.Unfortunately everything except the engine and transmission gave out in her and repairs started costing me more than payments so I had to sell her at a big loss.It's too bad because she was the nicest driving and best handling car that I ever had.

Ha! So did my family when I was in high school! It was an amazing car to drive, and wickedly fast. But the other than the engine, the car was a total piece of sh*t. My mom and dad used to have serious fights about getting rid of the damned thing.

America...stepping it up eh?

I agree.

I wasn't a fan of the original Viper but they do look like they're getting the hang of this 'design' thing now. I like it. Quite a lot. I just wish it didn't look quite so 'pissed-off-and-angry', though.....

Does anyone else think it looks oddly like a Corvette?

Hmmm....well, there's a whole load of very tasty styling touches in there.

The 'Double-Bubble' roof is pretty much a Zagato trademark.

The NACA duct intake on the bonnet (hood) is reminiscent of the Ferrari 550 / 575 series.

The rear lights could have come from the Aston DB 9.

The rear corner edge treatment is similar to the Porsche 911 GT-1

And the whole, from the grille backwards, is fairly suggestive of a Alfa Romeo 8C which has been on a generous diet of very strong anabolic steroids.

Not the old one. This one;

Alfa-R_8C_4v2.jpg

Having said all that I also realise that there's pretty much nothing new under the sun and that all these models mentioned above had, themselves, borrowed from previous designs.

And I still like it!

[thumbup]

P.

It would look odd parked next to my Prius.

I was thinking the same thing. What year is your Prius? Mine's a 2009; the last year of the second generation with the shifter on the dash instead of the center column. Been wanted to check out the fully electric and the V. With a kid and two dogs that extra cargo space could come in handy.

I agree.

I wasn't a fan of the original Viper but they do look like they're getting the hang of this 'design' thing now. I like it. Quite a lot. I just wish it didn't look quite so 'pissed-off-and-angry', though.....

Hmmm....well, there's a whole load of very tasty styling touches in there.

The 'Double-Bubble' roof is pretty much a Zagato trademark.

The NACA duct intake on the bonnet (hood) is reminiscent of the Ferrari 550 / 575 series.

The rear lights could have come from the Aston DB 9.

The rear corner edge treatment is similar to the Porsche 911 GT-1

And the whole, from the grille backwards, is fairly suggestive of a Alfa Romeo 8C which has been on a generous diet of very strong anabolic steroids.

Not the old one. This one;

Alfa-R_8C_4v2.jpg

Having said all that I also realise that there's pretty much nothing new under the sun and that all these models mentioned above had, themselves, borrowed from previous designs.

And I still like it!

[thumbup]

P.

What kind of car is that pippy ?

I was checking out some more stuff about the new incarnation of the Viper and discovered that Dodge is now a part of the FIAT empire. That might help explain all those shades of Ferrari and Alfa as both these marques are also under the FIAT umbrella!

What kind of car is that pippy ?

As Tman5293 says, Hayden, it's an Alfa. An 8C Competizione.

It was a limited production model (500 units) released five years ago.

Here's a link to a site from 2006 describing it in a bit more detail;

http://www.evo.co.uk...mpetizione.html

I remember seeing teaser shots before it was officially announced and being somewhat startled by the asking price of £130,000 (a little over $200,000) in 2006!

Such was the demand all 500 were sold before the first was even completed.

P.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived