Gibson Brands Forums

How can I tell if my 2007 SJ200 is True Vintage?

Joseph P

Hi, I bought a really nice 2007 SJ200 second hand a while ago and was told it was True Vintage. I really didn't care at the time because it was so awesome sounding. I am thinking of selling it because I am trying to raise enough to get the Jackson Browne model (Smeck) custom. So it has the orange label but it just says SJ200 inside and the year is 2007. I pretty sure it's a Sitka Spruce top. Any help would be great. Oh yea, do you think $2700 is a good/fair price?

Thanks

Joseph

TV should have a adirondack spruce top, the old style TRC (bigger white border), a 4 ribbon bridge, and green button Kluson-style tuners (no metal turning buttons).

And as Rambler mentioned - should say TV on the label.

my J-45 TV does not say TV on the label and all TVs do not come with the brown case.....thats why we need a pic

Well I think it's safe to asume at the ones from the original run (2007-08) came with a brown case .

maybe the newer ones don't but since the O.P claims it's 2007 ... I think it would be ok to assume if doesn't

have the brown case it's not a TV.

edit : it certainly looks like a T.V to my eye

Is it possible the original owner swapped the brown and pink case for this black and blues one ?

JC

Well I think it's safe to asume at the ones from the original run (2007-08) came with a brown case .

maybe the newer ones don't but since the O.P claims it's 2007 ... I think it would be ok to assume if doesn't

have the brown case it's not a TV.

edit : it certainly looks like a T.V to my eye

Is it possible the original owner swapped the brown and pink case for this black and blues one ?

JC

It's possible that the case was replaced. I never got any paper work with it either.

1333583245[/url]' post='1170408']

It's hard to tell from the pictures. I too had the perception it was ebony .

but the original specs were rosewood .

JC

If you zoom the pic right to the bridge, you can see the rosewood grain...no doubt for me.

My J-45 TV does NOT have TV on the label and came with a black case

Yeah, I knew that some came with a black case, the LTD Edition HB TV had a black case too.

The SJ-200 sure looks to me to be a TV .....it has an orange label , which I guess distinguishes it from the MC which afaik has a beige label......

Archived