Gibson Brands Forums

Saddened New Amp Day.

AXE®

i could play with my teeth and behind my back

Your point being? I can do those things too. They're just gimmicks. You're a decent player for your age kid, but I hope you didn't take those compliments too seriously. You aren't the next Hendrix... Yet. Keep working on actually playing the guitar and spend less time on gimmicks such as the aforementioned playing behind your back and playing with your teeth then show us what you can do.

So far it rates right up there. It has more bottom end than my AFD 100s.

In standard mode it's as close to a Plexi as any thing I've ever played. But boosted!!! Holy Crap!!! msp_scared.gifmsp_love.gif

I put my DSL 100 back in the box.msp_lol.gif

I find it kinda peculiar that he passed on during the 50th Anniversary. And FenderGuy, no one will ever be the next Hendrix so stop trying to copy his gimmicks and make up your own down the road.

kaleb, i am inspired by hendrix, so i will try and BE the next Hendrix

Trying to be "the next" someone is not a good idea. Try and find your own style. If you're just going to copy Jimi, then no one will listen to you. You have to be yourself.

I'll admit, when I was younger, I spent so much time learning songs from my favourite artists. As a result, my playing style was like that of a lot of my favourites when I was younger. But I certainly didn't "try to be the next (insert name)".

What SlashPerryBurst said! There's a reason that I can't listen to Kenny Wayne Shepherd: SRV clone. There's nothing wrong with being inspired by Hendrix but don't try to be Hendrix. Incorporate some of the Jimi things into YOUR style, and be inspired to be flashy but not flashy with the same gimmicks. Do something cool TO your guitar. Don't burn it, do something else. Make up your own gimmicks. And it sounds like you, not Jimi. I consider Hendrix to be the ultimate guitar God (even though I think he's just a tiny bit overrated.), but there will only be one Hendrix. For example, I love Ace Frehley and am definitely inspired by him but I wanna be myself. Not the next Spaceace, the first and only Kale Baldwin. But I will always owe Ace one.

Archived