Gibson Brands Forums

Just Built This Reverb Pedal

bluesguitar65

That sounds excellent. Nice job! Is the control a mix control?

You should try building with some of the PCBs from Madbean or musicpcb or something.

Hey Dubs!

Yes, the single knob is a mix control.

Hmmm.....PCBs?? I'm such a noob on this DIY stuff I don't know where to begin. How would I begin to transfer all the components over to a PCB? Would using a Vero be much easier or a tag board?

I like it. I don't think it sounds like old-fashioned spring reverb at all though. Instead of amp reverb it sounds like room reverb to me. That is in no way a bad thing. In fact, I thought the first part of the clip had a nice Allman Bros "Fillmore East" type of bounce to it. (Their Marshalls were dry but the room was wet). [thumbup]

PCBs are easy to work with. Take a look here.. http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/index.html

There are a bunch of awesome circuits available right now. I'm pining for the Deluxe Memory Man PCB personally..

I'm not really sure I understand what you mean by transferring the components. You mean just soldering the components in? PCBs are much easier to work with than vero.

I like it. I don't think it sounds like old-fashioned spring reverb at all though. Instead of amp reverb it sounds like room reverb to me. That is in no way a bad thing. In fact, I thought the first part of the clip had a nice Allman Bros "Fillmore East" type of bounce to it. (Their Marshalls were dry but the room was wet). [thumbup]

Yea?? I was trying get that late 60s and 70's era hard rock guitar tone. My goal is Eric Clapton's tone when he was with Cream.

PCBs are easy to work with. Take a look here.. http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/index.html

There are a bunch of awesome circuits available right now. I'm pining for the Deluxe Memory Man PCB personally..

I'm not really sure I understand what you mean by transferring the components. You mean just soldering the components in? PCBs are much easier to work with than vero.

Yea, transferring the components from the Verb Reverb onto a PCB....how would I do the trace connection, the layouts...etc. I don't know anything about electronics. I assembled the DIY pedals I have purely by instructions manual and layouts. I'd be lost with schematics.

Yea?? I was trying get that late 60s and 70's era hard rock guitar tone. My goal is Eric Clapton's tone when he was with Cream.

Well, first thing I thought of when listening was "great Clapton/Cream sound", so I'd think you're on the right track ;).

Also def. not a spring reverb type sound, again, not a bad thing. I've been on a spring type kick lately (playing a bit of surf music, and not always on an amp with reverb). So I just ordered a cheap Chinese reverb pedal (Byang Baby Boom Tri Reverb). The You Tube vids make it sound pretty good (for what I'm going for).

And it seems nearly every video you post you mention sloppy playing. Yet I never hear anything sloppy in the vid [thumbup] .No need to mention it, your playing always sounds good [cool] .

Well, first thing I thought of when listening was "great Clapton/Cream sound", so I'd think you're on the right track ;).

Also def. not a spring reverb type sound, again, not a bad thing. I've been on a spring type kick lately (playing a bit of surf music, and not always on an amp with reverb). So I just ordered a cheap Chinese reverb pedal (Byang Baby Boom Tri Reverb). The You Tube vids make it sound pretty good (for what I'm going for).

And it seems nearly every video you post you mention sloppy playing. Yet I never hear anything sloppy in the vid [thumbup] .No need to mention it, your playing always sounds good [cool] .

Thanks T-Bone [thumbup] I'm gonna have to check out hat Byang Baby Boom Reverb.

And it seems nearly every video you post you mention sloppy playing. Yet I never hear anything sloppy in the vid

[thumbup] Dat's da troof! I always enjoy your playing. While there is some sloppy playing posted here occasionally, it is never yours, man!

Archived