Gibson Brands Forums

WM 45

ekkg1

There is a song I play where I fret the Low E string on the 7th as well as the G string, the D string remains open but makes a strange sound, I guess you would call it buzzing, but it's more 'zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiittt".

There is no effect if I take my finger off of the G string, I strike the E and D one after the other, the notes start out clear and then the D string does its thing. I took it to a luthier, he adjusted the relief slightly and changed my strings from light to med. Overall, the guitar plays well and sounds good, does anybody have any ideas, could it be some harmonics/feedback thing?

There is a song I play where I fret the Low E string on the 7th as well as the G string, the D string remains open but makes a strange sound, I guess you would it buzzing, but it's more 'zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiittt".

There is no effect if I take my finger off of the G string, I strike the E and D one after the other, the notes start out clear and then the D string does its thing. I took it to a luthier, he adjust the relief slightly and changed my strings from light to med. Overall, the guitar plays well and sounds good, does anybody have any ideas, could it be some harmonics/feedback thing?

yes, my J-200 will do this sometimes, especially with new strings.

Archived