Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ritchie69

Have you ever seen a J-200 like this?

While surfing, I found this pic on LesPaul forum, one of Ren's creations, a J-200 with some Dove appointments, koa back'n sides...

Have you ever seen it?

229_p29256.jpg

229_p29257.jpg

Im a J-200 fan, but I dont like the pickgard and bridge on that one. Paul, if you look at the long grain, you can tell its koa

Im a J-200 fan, but I dont like the pickgard and bridge on that one. Paul, if you look at the long grain, you can tell its koa

I have never seen Koa with even tiger stripe figure to it. Nice wood.

I have never seen a J-200 like that and sorry but I could have lived happily ever after without seeing it now. Just ain't my cup 'o tea I guess. Think I will stick with my old fashioned maple laminate body J-200.

I have never seen a J-200 like that and sorry but I could have lived happily ever after without seeing it now. Just ain't my cup 'o tea I guess. Think I will stick with my old fashioned maple laminate body J-200.

Laminate body??

Laminate body??

I remember a site that seemed pretty precise in detailing the J200 (I came across it only once) and it mentions laminate B&S for J200's begining in 56'..!..?

If the laminate B&S was done to the more premium L5...(not sure 60's..pretty sure 70's)..it would not be a surprise that they did it to J200's.

If one is interested,Im sure its easy to find out..one thing I can pretty much testify to,in person,is that most Gibson Acoustics..including the King of the Flat Top Guitars, through the 60's-1988..

were pieces of furniture..and should be bought as such. I strongly suspect much of the mid to late 50's production to be the same.

I remember a site that seemed pretty precise in detailing the J200 (I came across it only once) and it mentions laminate B&S for J200's begining in 56'..!..?

If the laminate B&S was done to the more premium L5...(not sure 60's..pretty sure 70's)..it would not be a surprise that they did it to J200's.

If one is interested,Im sure its easy to find out..one thing I can pretty much testify to,in person,is that most Gibson Acoustics..including the King of the Flat Top Guitars, through the 60's-1988..

were pieces of furniture..and should be bought as such. I strongly suspect much of the mid to late 50's production to be the same.

how about this one :