Gibson Brands Forums

like buses two come along at once

danmayberry

what a dilemma ive got,ive just ordered an epi aj 100 from thomann,and guess what!!! ONE OF THESE has popped up in the local ads: t-bucket.jpg a real beauty,im off to buy it tomorrow, will have to stash it at the parents place for a while as the missus will kill me,cheers-dan

PFox does not seem to be one to blow his own horn but he has some serious street cred when it comes to knowing guitars.

The guitar looks like one of the T-Buckets without the cutaway. I really am not trying to be offsensive but the point is what you get with that Fender is a very pretty but very thin laminate over some cheap filler wood. Not the best way to go especially when it comes to tops. In the $300 - $400 price range, there are a number of solid top guitars to choose from - Art & Lutherie, Simon & Patrick, Seagull, Blue Ridge, even the Fender Tim Armstrong Hellcat (which I found to be a surprisingly likeable guitar and is based on a 1960s Fender-badged Harmony). If you go used (which I always personally recommend) the field opens up even more.

But I also agree that the only person a guitar has to please is you and that is really all that matters.

PFox does not seem to be one to blow his own horn but he has some serious street cred when it comes to knowing guitars.

The guitar looks like one of the T-Buckets without the cutaway. I really am not trying to be offsensive but the point is what you get with that Fender is a very pretty but very thin laminate over some cheap filler wood. Not the best way to go especially when it comes to tops. In the $300 - $400 price range, there are a number of solid top guitars to choose from - Art & Lutherie, Simon & Patrick, Seagull, Blue Ridge, even the Fender Tim Armstrong Hellcat (which I found to be a surprisingly likeable guitar and is based on a 1960s Fender-badged Harmony). If you go used (which I always personally recommend) the field opens up even more.

But I also agree that the only person a guitar has to please is you and that is really all that matters.

I'm not looking to fall out with him,and by looking at his site, he knows more about guitars than i ever will,but i was a bit annoyed by his comment,nevertheless i'm happy with it as its kinda quirky(like me i suppose) cheers-dan

I'm not looking to fall out with him,and by looking at his site, he knows more about guitars than i ever will,but i was a bit annoyed by his comment,nevertheless i'm happy with it as its kinda quirky(like me i suppose) cheers-dan

Given Mr. Fox's professional credentials, he should have used appropriate and responsible commentary to your inquiry rather than his caustic choice of words. I commend your attitude however. With respect to Mr. Fox, "what goes around comes around" must apply, too:

Fox Guitar Review

Archived