Gibson Brands Forums

Bridge Swap For Epi DOT Deluxe

mrw1960

I've been modding my Epi DOT Deluxe and want to swap out the stock Bridge for a quality item with the Gold finish. What can I get for a reasonable price and will drop right in? I've checked the Gotoh Tune-O-Matic's at Stewmac. I also understand that replacing the tailpiece to a Aluminum will help with the tone. Thanks in advance.

Mike, it should be easy.

http://store.guitarfetish.com/Large-Bushing-Tuneomatic-Style-Gold-Bridge_p_445.html

This bridge drops right on. to remove the old studs get a piece of round metal(a nail or small threaded rod)and cut it so it's to a little more than 1/4in.long-make sure it'll fit in the hole after you remove the screw. drop the cut nail or rod in the hole and screw the screw back into the hole... the stud will rise out of the hole and you can pop the new(gold one)right in,

for the tail piece make sure you measure post to post, then go shopping.

I've used these bridges on 2 Epi's(SG and Dot)with NO problems.

good luck!

Mike, it should be easy.

http://store.guitarf...idge_p_445.html

This bridge drops right on. to remove the old studs get a piece of round metal(a nail or small threaded rod)and cut it so it's to a little more than 1/4in.long-make sure it'll fit in the hole after you remove the screw. drop the cut nail or rod in the hole and screw the screw back into the hole... the stud will rise out of the hole and you can pop the new(gold one)right in,

for the tail piece make sure you measure post to post, then go shopping.

I've used these bridges on 2 Epi's(SG and Dot)with NO problems.

good luck!

Thanks TB.

Great tip on removing the bushings. Did you find that the GF Bridge improved the tone than the stock Epi?

Thanks TB.

Great tip on removing the bushings. Did you find that the GF Bridge improved the tone than the stock Epi?

The GFS bridges are a bit deeper(front to back) so you get more intonation adjustment. The saddles move about a 1/16th of an inch more. Sometimes that's all you need.

Thanks. I just put on a GFS ABR-1 Bridge on my Dean Palomino ( My Avatar). Awesome. The stock saddles were crap. I noticed before I plugged in the great tone and sounds better amped up. I think I will get the GFS. Thanks Friend. Should be alot better than the stock on my DOT.

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks. I just put on a GFS ABR-1 Bridge on my Dean Palomino ( My Avatar). Awesome. The stock saddles were crap. I noticed before I plugged in the great tone and sounds better amped up. I think I will get the GFS. Thanks Friend. Should be alot better than the stock on my DOT.

Cheers,

Michael

OK, Mike. Glad to help! I use a lot of GFS stuff and never have a problem. Guess you could spend a lot more but I dont see the point.

Archived