Gibson Brands Forums

Is it true that you can't shred on a Les Paul

rhoadspro

All about preference, some people play faster on fatter necks which Les Pauls are know to have. Some people play faster on thin necks like Ibanez guitars have. Don't believe anyone but your self when it comes to guitars and music.

Eveey time I ask how to be faster people tell me to ditch les pauls, but I can't! IS it true you cant shred on em?

There's a little known guitar player named "Randy Rhodes".......Google him and tell us what you think..........

Eveey time I ask how to be faster people tell me to ditch les pauls, but I can't! IS it true you cant shred on em?

Really? Ditching a good guitar like an LP will make you better?

Ditch that advise and get a qualified teacher.

The cool thing about guitar is you can LEARN anything you want with enough practice. Quality instruction will get you practicing and learning better.

There's a little known guitar player named "Randy Rhodes".......Google him and tell us what you think..........

Google yourself....I HAVE seen vid of you BURNING on a Les Paul.

They say a lot of the greatest players are the 'dead' ones. Both are arguable.

Google yourself....I HAVE seen vid of you BURNING on a Les Paul.

They say a lot of the greatest players are the 'dead' ones. Both are arguable.

Thank you Stein.........[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] .....I'm hoping to return to doing live shows again fairly soon.......

Thank you Stein.........[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] .....I'm hoping to return to doing live shows again fairly soon.......

If you do that...then I am going to go see it.

If a dead guy can play again, then I could go out and see music again.

these people you ask have no brain cells, a les paul has a neck,frets,strings just like any other guitar...you can play as fast or slow as you like. (providing you have the abilty of course) [rolleyes]

It's the player, not the guitar. Many years ago, I bought a used Carvin that was supposedly designed as a "shred" guitar. The sales guy said that it was the wrong guitar for me...I'm mostly a blues player. I bought the guitar anyway because it had a great neck and ebony fingerboard, and played it for some time for blues and R&B. It sounded great, and it still is the best fingerboard I have ever played since 1963.

It's the player, dude.

mark

Archived