Gibson Brands Forums

Noel Gallagher signed my friend's guitar

JuanCarlosVejar

well folks ,

my friend just got her Ron Wood Special signed by Noel Gallagher

and seeing that this guitar was actually made as a close replica to his original I think while it can no longer be played

the guitar is now complete . She hasn't given me details all she told me was when he saw the guitar he turned around to look at her

but she was speechless ... I don't think the guitar went to waste I just think it completed it's purpose .

image.jpg

JC

he would get punched in the nose if he wrote on my guitar [angry]

Dave ,

honestly I kinda got pissed off that she got the guitar signed by him ... but it's not my guitar

I gifted it to her so at least my guitars are safe =) .

I guess if she ever would want to play the guitar we would have to send it to bozeman for a refinish.

JC

Dave ,

honestly I kinda got pissed off that she got the guitar signed by him ... but it's not my guitar

I gifted it to her so at least my guitars are safe =) .

I guess if she ever would want to play the guitar we would have to send it to bozeman for a refinish.

JC

as long as shes happy, Im happy [biggrin]

Spray some nitro over it...BTY who.s Noel Gallagher?

Brother of Liam Gallagher. From the band, 'Oasis'. Noel on guitar..... a few interesting looking guitars in this video, a J200 copy by "Arteria" ?? .....

http://www.last.fm/music/Noel+Gallagher/+images/250798

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oasis_(band)

Dont like everything they have done....but they do still have some great tunes. And they def. love their Gibsons!!

Ok details : she was second in line to get Noel to sign something . each person had the right to one object.

he was busy doing sigature on the first person ... so then my friend hands him the guitar ... he freaks out

she says he made a face that said "WOW" all over and he looked her in the eye . She froze and couldn't say anthing

but his face lit up when he saw the guitar.

I say I got all the details right enough to make him think the guitar was awesome.

she has a video taken by her father I'll see if I can share it will you

JC

Now there's a way to ruin a stunning Gibson.

Agreed. My friend told me that in the late 80's, a local store had a Gibson Melody Maker signed by Joan Jett. For a few weeks, the price was sky high due to the markup. After seeing zero interest in the guitar, the price dropped to the regular Melody Maker price. My friend asked why as the signature should raise the value. The guy in the store said that the Melody Maker was one of their most popular instruments at the time. They were considering wiping the signature off.

Man, you guys are HARSH!

This girl is a huge fan, obviously. It means something to her. And in the end, having the guitar built was a real great gesture. It ended up being a good gesture to the man signing as well.

As many cool things happen in life, this has to be one of them.

JC,

That's really cool. She's obviously a huge fan, and presenting him with a clone of his guitar to sign must have really impressed him. You can tell by the look on her face that she is really stoked.

You are a great friend to her, indeed.

"like him, can't stand his brother", lol, I think that's been the story of his life :)

Whenever I think of oasis, i'm hearing a caricature of Liam's voice saying "sunshinnnnnnnne"

I've never been a massive fan or I seem to like the b side album better than there main stuff.

Having said that, they were an international super group, they may not be as famous as joanne jet or whatever her name was, but in a few years when he's pop'ed his clogs, I can only see it adding value.

And as has been said before the main thing is that she's happy :)

thanks to all .

It's not my guitar .

I wouldn't let my guitar be signed by anyone unless it was on the orange label .

yeah I guess Nick is right that fact that we impressed Noel

I think since the guy is so full of himself he never even looks people in the eye he just signs and that is all.

but when he say the guitar he actaully turned to see who the owner was ... so I think that memory and just being close to Noel makes the guitar more valuable to her ... even though for all of us as players it is "damaged" .

but I am happy because she is . I'm not a huge fan of Noel or Oasis myself I only did the guitar to please her .

so anyway this might lead to having a second Ron Wood made down the road (but this one will not be signed by anyone) to be played alot .

JC

Archived