Gibson Brands Forums

Tax Refund...uh oh.

dcgrocknroll

So I'm getting my tax refund soon, and it's a pretty good one.

I have two options...

I want this LP Custom that they have on a scratch and dent at my local Guitar Center (it's got the thinnest little belt buckle scratch on the back...) and comes with a case. It's black.

Or maybe a goldtop. I've wanted both for awhile...

Or...

I'm thinking about expanding my pedal board (because I just got a Lp STD plus) and getting a couple of effects to suit my playing...Like a Freeze pedal and possibly a carbon copy pedal...

What do you think?

-Don

I could always go balls out and spend the whole check on a gibson...

If the LPC gives you a feel and sound your LP Std plus doesn't, then I could see the justification if the price were right. If not, you could invest in making your pedal board more dynamic and have alot of cash left over for a rainy day... Personally speaking, I'd lean toward the latter option of upgrading the board.

personally, i wouldn't bother with the LPC if i already had an LP. I would buy something different, or maybe some amplification, or effects.

the other option is to put it in a tin under the bed and keep adding to it until you make your mind up.

If I had the option just to play some of the kit I lust for I would be a happy man!!! It would be great to know I was getting my money's worth or as I suspect end up thinking mmm... the copy is pretty close!

But I'd take a risk on these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp2Q7OcVkhU

011-1760-300.jpg

I'd take a goldtop over a black les paul. 56 or 57?

Archived