Gibson Brands Forums

Bursting

Epi Rocks

Hey guys,

I've gone and done it!

I found a Gibson Lp Studio Sunburst and just had to have it.

Hopefully it will arrive here on Thursday by courier from Sydney.

I bought it from a collector. One year old and never been played.

It's been lying in its case the whole time and hasn't even been

set up yet. $1,250.00 and free delivery with insurance. (as new and still under warranty)

My fingers are itching already. [laugh]

burst2.jpg

burst1p.jpg

studioburst.jpg

Never had a Burst before and this one is so gorgeous I couldn't control myself. [drool]:rolleyes:[biggrin]

Cheers

Paul

Thankyou so much guys.

I'm hoping she arrives sometime today. The waiting is killing me! [cursing]

I expect she'll be every bit as lovely to play as my treasured Epi's.

No Pete.R, my avatar and screen name remains. I still love my Epi's waaayyy too much for that to change. [-(

I'll let you guys know the minute she arrives.

Cheers

Paul

Update.

I've had a more thorough inspection of the Studio and, although it's a beauty, there are a few blems.

I will have to get the SLR out to photograph them close-up.

Soooo.... light in weight compared to my other Les Paul's. Soundwise, definitely a Gibson. Excellent tones and good adjustment controls.

I find that I much prefer the neck on my Epi Black Beauty 3. (60's profile) The Epi fretboard is also much

smoother and more refined. Big plus for Epiphone there. [thumbup]

The Epi Explorer and G400 also beat it hands down as far as the neck and fretboard is concerned.

The Machine heads are smooth and work well. The intonation came in 98% perfect and I lowered the action just a bit.(my preference)

Overall, an excellent guitar and worthy of my collection.

The hardcase is what I would expect from Gibson. No movements and is plush. The Studio fits perfectly.

The locks don't operate as smoothly as the Epi cases I have.

The Epi hardcase seems much nicer. Maybe it's just down to personal taste but the Epi cases

IMHO are beautifully appointed and have a much more refined finish with that smooth leather look.

Many ++++ to Epiphone.

Being a lower end Gibson LP, the Studio is only what you pay for. I expect that the more expensive Standard, Traditional and Custom are better and more refined. (at least I hope anyway)

Standby for the updated pictures after I'm done personalizing her with the usual custom appointments.

Paul

Yep, that finish is gorgeous.. applied in the correct way, following the outline of the body shape and gradually fading from dark to light.

And the other characteristics are attractive too.

It sounds as though you'll enjoy owning it for quite a while.. are you still staring at it? Heh.

Bill

Hey guys,

I've gone and done it!

I found a Gibson Lp Studio Sunburst and just had to have it.

Hopefully it will arrive here on Thursday by courier from Sydney.

I bought it from a collector. One year old and never been played.

It's been lying in its case the whole time and hasn't even been

set up yet. $1,250.00 and free delivery with insurance. (as new and still under warranty)

My fingers are itching already. [laugh]

Never had a Burst before and this one is so gorgeous I couldn't control myself. [drool]:rolleyes:[biggrin]

Cheers

Paul

Yep, that finish is gorgeous.. applied in the correct way, following the outline of the body shape and gradually fading from dark to light.

And the other characteristics are attractive too.

It sounds as though you'll enjoy owning it for quite a while.. are you still staring at it? Heh.

Bill

Hey Bill,

Yeah she's a keeper for sure.

She's very easy on the eye and YES, it's hard to take my eyes off her. :rolleyes:

I'm not done personalizing her yet so she's still out of her case.

I'm hoping to have her all done by the end of the week, with a new set of strings to boot. [thumbup]

Cheers

Paul

Yeah! Whatever it takes to Make It Your Own Style is one of the most interesting aspects of electric guitars.

Bill

Hey Bill,

Yeah she's a keeper for sure.

She's very easy on the eye and YES, it's hard to take my eyes off her. :rolleyes:

I'm not done personalizing her yet so she's still out of her case.

I'm hoping to have her all done by the end of the week, with a new set of strings to boot. [thumbup]

Cheers

Paul

Archived