Gibson Brands Forums

Axl acting like a spoiled brat again

heymisterk

Some people refuse to grow up and act like men despite having just about every musician's dream right on their lap. They should give his induction to someone who deserves it and wants it. Dang, where's RUSH? (oh oh, the worms are crawling out [scared] )

What an ungrateful, infantile "man".

I agree, why isn't RUSH in the Hall of Fame. Until they are, maybe it should be the Hall of Shame, LOL [flapper]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fact is GnR shouldn't even be inducted. They've done far less than bands like Boston, Foreigner, The Cars, Journey and of course Rush but aside from Rush few would consider any of these HOF worthy. (whatever that is?)

GnR are remembered because they came along at one of rock musics lousiest periods and after AFD they farted in everyone's general direction.

Of course this HOF pushes Chaka Kahn for induction every year. so who really cares.eusa_snooty.gif

I agree with this sentiment completely. For context I lived through this period as a yout (born in 68) so i was in the 'demographic' when GnR was big... and I hated them then too even though I was listening to mainly rock/metal at the time. Also had many friends that liked them. The main reason I hated them was Rose. I think he's awful, but that's only my opinion.

Assuming the point of induction is impact (and not record sales), to even compare their contributions to music in the same sentence as Rush is laughable.

However, the music industry has a very long history of questionable choices when faced with a vote (witness Jethro Tull beating out Metallica for the best hard rock/Metal at the grammy's in 1989) so to expect them to have their heads on straight for something like a HOF is asking too much I think.

I tend to mention Rush a lot as well (given their integrity and the fact that none of them are greedy whiners

I'm a big fan of Rush, but I have to disagree with this. I wouldn't say that they are personally greedy, however they played in the UK a few years ago with ticket prices around the £65 mark. £65. One of the best gigs I ever went to was Joan Jett and the blackhearts, Motorhead and then Alice Cooper as the headline act. The total cost for a standing ticket in the same venue? £30. Less than half the price of the standing ticket in the same hall, in the same venue for Rush.

Not only was Alice's band sensational (especially since Ryan Roxie had left by then), but the show Alice and his crew put on was top notch as always. Motorhead gave it their best as they always do and Joan Jett and the blackhearts were pretty good and it was nice as I wouldn't go out of my way to see them.

All of that entertainment for £30. So how do three Canadians, some washing machines, some vending machines and a questionable support act get away with charging more than double? I know some die hard Rush fans that refused to go as a result of the price hike.

Guest farnsbarns

OK, just checked with the oracle and he has genuinely pulled out. No publicity stunts he's just a ****. Simon, I owe you a pint because the damage he's done means a reunion gig is now all but impossible. Sigh...

I hate him he is such a **** ,he has no redeeming features he ruined more G ane R shows than you can count, he acts like child. He comes over as a very bitter little man. Best thing Slash did was getting away from the little creep as he has gone from strength to strength and that may just be the problem.

The saga continues and I'm bored of it.

I don't want to see (original) GnR re-united, at least not as a novelty act and they will never be a band again.

Treasure your memories and never meet your heroes.

Johnny Rotten said it best...." The Rock and Roll hall of fame is nothing but a popularity contest".....I hate axle rose but I salute him for declining...GnR is not hall of fame material.....how can they be inducted when a band like KISS has not ..I am not a big kiss fan but I can acknowledge there part in shaping R & R...so many talented artist have not yet been heard from as far as the hall of fame goes but hey Runs in your Hoses is popular so lets git em!...just my 2 cents......PS, why is Alan Wilson and Canned Heat not in yet...oh ya..not popular enough.

Johnny Rotten said it best...." The Rock and Roll hall of fame is nothing but a popularity contest".....I hate axle rose but I salute him for declining...GnR is not hall of fame material.....how can they be inducted when a band like KISS has not ..I am not a big kiss fan but I can acknowledge there part in shaping R & R...so many talented artist have not yet been heard from as far as the hall of fame goes but hey Runs in your Hoses is popular so lets git em!...just my 2 cents......PS, why is Alan Wilson and Canned Heat not in yet...oh ya..not popular enough.

I'm gonna also look at this from a different angle. Kudos to Axel for sticking to his guns. If he doesn't want to be apart of a fake reunion he doesn't have to be.

Most of these phony "rock stars" whine and complain about Rolling Stone rag but eagerly sit in Jann Wenner's lap all to happy for the pub of being inducted.

The Eagles come to mind right off the bat. For years they were at odds with RS Then get inducted and show up all smiles and giggles for a fake full band reunion.

Alice Cooper is a class act but I so wish he'd would have told them to kiss his behind for all the years he got ignored.

Not being funny but are you actually able to discuss anything at all without bringing Kiss into it? Just asking.

LOLOLOLOL thats funny,i wouldnt mind the continous plugging of Ace so much if it didnt go hand in hand with pointing Gene out to be greedy amongst other names.I like Ace cuz i like KISS,if Gene 'IS' greedy,more power to him,he's 63 yrs old for the love of god and still touring.I like KISS cuz they rock,i couldnt care less if they were all ****s in real life,just keep rockin ftw!!! I;ve never once stood in a music store and decided whos cd i wasnt gonna buy due to thier personality,thier religous beliefs,or thier greed for $ . And lastly,for god sakes,let them 'keep' the makeup.Prince's name change didnt work,John Cougar's name change didnt work,KISS w/out the makeup most certainly didnt work,they should go out the way they came in, 100 mph in full makeup and costume w/ flames and explosions."Thats what KISS was all about Charlie Brown" and no not the forum member,CB,the character. [flapper]

Guest farnsbarns

I'm gonna also look at this from a different angle. Kudos to Axel for sticking to his guns. If he doesn't want to be apart of a fake reunion he doesn't have to be.

Most of these phony "rock stars" whine and complain about Rolling Stone rag but eagerly sit in Jann Wenner's lap all to happy for the pub of being inducted.

The Eagles come to mind right off the bat. For years they were at odds with RS Then get inducted and show up all smiles and giggles for a fake full band reunion.

Alice Cooper is a class act but I so wish he'd would have told them to kiss his behind for all the years he got ignored.

True, but he went along with it for so long and has cost some people millions of dollars by changing his mind a week before the event. I would agree that he is "right" not to want to be inducted but he should have said so from the get go. I actually hope they don't re-unite now. He doesn't deserve the money, kudos or satisfaction to his sick and twisted ego.

Axl has a history of offensive, violent, and childish behavior any way you look at it. Like Farns said, he has a choice, but it's not about that. He simply continues to shoot the finger in seemingly every direction. He's not an angry young man anymore.

Axl has a history of offensive, violent, and childish behavior any way you look at it. Like Farns said, he has a choice, but it's not about that. He simply continues to shoot the finger in seemingly every direction. He's not an angry young man anymore.

Yup..........Truly odd behaviour for someone who's not even a musician...........[flapper]:rolleyes: :unsure: [sneaky] .......

I just can't believe how ungrateful he is. I mean, here he is about to be next to some of the greatest artists of all time, and he basically gives them the finger.

He's also a very unforgiving person.

Slight him or malign him in any way and it's "You're off my Christmas card list for good."

Snapshot2012-04-1216-23-27.jpg

LOLOLOLOL thats funny,i wouldnt mind the continous plugging of Ace so much if it didnt go hand in hand with pointing Gene out to be greedy amongst other names.I like Ace cuz i like KISS,if Gene 'IS' greedy,more power to him,he's 63 yrs old for the love of god and still touring.I like KISS cuz they rock,i couldnt care less if they were all ****s in real life,just keep rockin ftw!!! I;ve never once stood in a music store and decided whos cd i wasnt gonna buy due to thier personality,thier religous beliefs,or thier greed for $ . And lastly,for god sakes,let them 'keep' the makeup.Prince's name change didnt work,John Cougar's name change didnt work,KISS w/out the makeup most certainly didnt work,they should go out the way they came in, 100 mph in full makeup and costume w/ flames and explosions."Thats what KISS was all about Charlie Brown" and no not the forum member,CB,the character. [flapper]

I kinda agree about the makeup now that I think about it, but it will never be the same again. Even the original Reunion tour and the following installments with Peter and Ace (AND is the key word. Both of em') weren't the same. I think KISS got sick in 1979, and then died when The Elder came out. No disrespect of Eric Carr, Vinnie Vincent, Bruce Kulick, Eric Singer or Tommy Thayer, but it is true. As much as I like (not love) Creatures and Revenge, they don't qualify as KISS records like Love Gun or Hotter Than Hell do. They should have made like The Beatles and threw in the towel when they knew it was over. RIP KISS, 1973-1982. It's all a tribute now. Gene should get into producing and try the other side of Hollywood (the one where he ain't the actor!). Paul should keep pursuing his art and do what Ace does. Tommy and Eric should go off on their road, maybe with some help from Bruce. They cut down Ace and Peter's contributions to the band, and sell themselves to the younger generation. Sad, really. And KISS and Crue, C'MON! They're both jokes of their former selves. (although I love Mick Mars. He reminds me of Ace in a way. Similar style)

But I still have the pleasure of seeing my favorite Spaceman and his Ace of a band play my favorite Ace and KISS songs. He dives deeper into the catalog. KISS plays their hits. Y, know, Rock And Roll All Nite, Shout It Out Loud, Detroit Rock City, Firehouse, etc. But Ace plays STRANGE WAYS!!!! And Flaming Youth too!!!! I have higher respect levels for Ace.

And about the high prices of Rush tickets, I'm sure that wasn't their fault. I mean, do bands really have a say in the super dirty business? NO! They leave it to the corporate offices and the lawyers. I can't imagine Neil being that way.

If I were in a position where my band was inducted into any popularity club, I'd decline. The Hall of Shame is nothing more then a business using popular band names to attract people to buy their garbage and visited their museum.

A lot like Hard Rock Cafes, waste of money.

I kinda agree about the makeup now that I think about it, but it will never be the same again. Even the original Reunion tour and the following installments with Peter and Ace (AND is the key word. Both of em') weren't the same. I think KISS got sick in 1979, and then died when The Elder came out. No disrespect of Eric Carr, Vinnie Vincent, Bruce Kulick, Eric Singer or Tommy Thayer, but it is true. As much as I like (not love) Creatures and Revenge, they don't qualify as KISS records like Love Gun or Hotter Than Hell do. They should have made like The Beatles and threw in the towel when they knew it was over. RIP KISS, 1973-1982. It's all a tribute now. Gene should get into producing and try the other side of Hollywood (the one where he ain't the actor!). Paul should keep pursuing his art and do what Ace does. Tommy and Eric should go off on their road, maybe with some help from Bruce. They cut down Ace and Peter's contributions to the band, and sell themselves to the younger generation. Sad, really. And KISS and Crue, C'MON! They're both jokes of their former selves. (although I love Mick Mars. He reminds me of Ace in a way. Similar style)

But I still have the pleasure of seeing my favorite Spaceman and his Ace of a band play my favorite Ace and KISS songs. He dives deeper into the catalog. KISS plays their hits. Y, know, Rock And Roll All Nite, Shout It Out Loud, Detroit Rock City, Firehouse, etc. But Ace plays STRANGE WAYS!!!! And Flaming Youth too!!!! I have higher respect levels for Ace.

While were bashin a band we both admired lol,i think the 2 biggest mistakes KISS made < besides breaking up > was, 1.Doing the solo albums,excluding New York Groove,imo i thought it was all terrible. 2. KISS meets the phantom lol,i bet they wish they could undo that one.

If I were in a position where my band was inducted into any popularity club, I'd decline. The Hall of Shame is nothing more then a business using popular band names to attract people to buy their garbage and visited their museum.

A lot like Hard Rock Cafes, waste of money.

I respectfully disagree. I go to the Rock Hall often, and while I haven't always agreed with their choices, they have some really terrific exhibits and appreciations. I don't know of any museum where you can't buy merchandise.

Guest farnsbarns

Ok, I'm going to say it. please stop hijacking every thread and turning into a conversation about KISS. Not only that but it's the same conversation every time too. I would have thought a mod would say something but they haven't, so I have.

Archived