Gibson Brands Forums

Slope Shoulder Case

45slinger

What are you all using for cases for your J-45's, 50's, AJ's and SJ's? I'm looking for something a little beefier than the factory case, but the generic dread cases I've tried aren't quite big enough and the larger cases let the guitar flop around too much for my liking.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

What are you all using for cases for your J-45's, 50's, AJ's and SJ's? I'm looking for something a little beefier than the factory case, ...

We have a couple of Hiscox cases, one Pro-II and one Artist, we use with our slopss. The GAD size is a great fit -- the Hiscox suspension system means the cases fits a wider ranger of sizes than typical plywood cases -- and offers terrific protection for the money, without additional weight. The only downside is that they're somewhat bulky.

-- Bob R

We have a couple of Hiscox cases, one Pro-II and one Artist, we use with our slopss. The GAD size is a great fit -- the Hiscox suspension system means the cases fits a wider ranger of sizes than typical plywood cases -- and offers terrific protection for the money, without additional weight. The only downside is that they're somewhat bulky.

-- Bob R

Can't go wrong with Hiscox. I have 3 PRO II GAD cases.

They are, as stated strong and lightweight.I think that the Artist case is about

twice the price of the PRO II. I am unsure whether I would pay that as I have yet to see the Artist up close.

-- Bob R

Another vote for Hiscox cases here. My 66 J45 lives in one as does my D28. I've taken them all over the world and they are tough. I don't find them bulky personally and they are quite lightweight too.

Archived