Gibson Brands Forums

Nice Sounding Gibson

JuanCarlosVejar

I like this kind of music. Not necessarily the language (although I'm not offended by it), but the realness of the performance. Don't know anything about this gal, but she comes across as a loser who wants desperately to be a winner. Maybe a sinner hoping to one day be a saint. I like her approach to the song. I couldn't perform a song with that language in it at any of the venues I typically play, but I'm drawn to music like that. People can like her and the song or hate them, but to me, both she and the song are "real." I can literally feel her hurt and identify with her emotions. Pretty cool.

Hey, I've never even heard of 4 Non Blonds...lol...no kidding. I play folk songs and cowboy songs. But, I do like her music. I've listened to a few of her songs on YouTube this afternoon. When I said she comes across as a loser trying to be a winner, I meant it as a compliment. She's not slick or over-commercialized in the way she acts. She seems very real and that's rather rare in a business where most people are not who they appear to be.

I wouldn't mind spending an afternoon in an Amsterdam coffee house talking to her. I'll bet she has a million stories. I like the way her guitar sounded. My Sister was in with her lifestyle, and I found a lot of her friends to be funny and fascinating.

Archived