Gibson Brands Forums

Does a standard Epi hardshell case fit to a 7-string V?

zorrow

Pure guesswork here, but judging from these pictures,

user%20files%20003-32.JPG

flyingv7.jpg

The guitars look like they have the same dimensions. Either way, there is extra space in the headstock section of the case if necessary, but they appear to be the same size. I'm guessing it would fit just fine.

Pure guesswork here, but judging from these pictures,

user%20files%20003-32.JPG

flyingv7.jpg

The guitars look like they have the same dimensions. Either way, there is extra space in the headstock section of the case if necessary, but they appear to be the same size. I'm guessing it would fit just fine.

Don't forget that the neck on a 7-string is a bit wider than a 6. That case looks like it's got a shaped neck support - it might not fit so great there. As to whether it would stop you being able to use it, I imagine it would have enough give. [rolleyes]

Don't forget that the neck on a 7-string is a bit wider than a 6. That case looks like it's got a shaped neck support - it might not fit so great there. As to whether it would stop you being able to use it, I imagine it would have enough give. [rolleyes]

True, but it will only take a (careful) slight modification to the interior of the case for it to fit perfectly. Put it this way, the case isn't going to be too small now is it?

True, but it will only take a (careful) slight modification to the interior of the case for it to fit perfectly. Put it this way, the case isn't going to be too small now is it?

'Course not. Like I said, that neck bit won't be shaped perfectly for it, but it will most likely work anyway. [thumbup]

Archived